Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 21:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Emory - Goizueta School of Business

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2008, 14:29
Honestly, I don't remember. I think they send it once your application is complete. I think the letters of recommendation aren't submitted until after you've submitted your application. So, if I'm correct, once those are submitted and your application is fully complete, you will get the OPUS ID and password.

334MBA wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:
Best of Luck 334!

334MBA wrote:
Whew!! I just submitted my application last night for the One-Year MBA Program. Now the hardest part - the wait - starts.

I attended the 10/25 Super Saturday and interviewed on the same day. The event was terrific and I got to chat with many students and a professor. I was surprised to see how many current students and alumni helped out that day.

Thanks emoryhopeful. Do you know how long it takes for the email with Opus ID/Password to arrive after submitting the online app?

Thanks!

Member Profile: 111-t56279

Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2008, 21:52
Emory R2 applicant here. I am from Atlanta. Will be visiting the school on 6th dec on the Super Saturday. Emoryhopeful, lets plan on meeting then.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2008, 20:12
I should be there. I look forward to it.

Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2008, 20:53
emoryhopeful wrote:
I should be there. I look forward to it.

How would I know you?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2008, 02:21
Hello there

I'm a R2 applicant and have a question regarding the recommendations.

The website states that the online reco form will be sent to the recommenders, only after I've submitted my application. Now targeting the date 8th Dec hardly leaves any time for my recommenders (both of whom need plenty of time beforehand).

My query is that if I submit my application by 8th December, but the recos come in later, will that drive my application out of R2?

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2008, 04:24
trucker wrote:
Hello there

The website states that the online reco form will be sent to the recommenders, only after I've submitted my application. Now targeting the date 8th Dec hardly leaves any time for my recommenders (both of whom need plenty of time beforehand).

My query is that if I submit my application by 8th December, but the recos come in later, will that drive my application out of R2?

Thanks

Hello trucker,

I just applied, so I can give you some insight on that. First off, Goizueta has "Rolling" admissions, meaning that there aren't strict R1/R2 deadlines and completed applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received. Basically, if you submit your application on 12/8 and your recos don't go in 'til, say 12/15, you won't get pushed into R3. Admissions office would simply review your completed applications once they're done with the apps submitted before yours.

The way I "avoided" this problem was asking the people who wrote my recos to mail their recos in directly to Goizueta, just as I did with transcripts. You just need to fill out the reco form and give it to them along with an envelop. Or you can just give them the reco form and ask them to start writing so that once your app has been submitted, all they need to do is copy & paste.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2008, 04:26
334MBA wrote:
trucker wrote:
Hello there

Thanks

Hello trucker,

I just applied, so I can give you some insight on that. First off, Goizueta has "Rolling" admissions, meaning that there aren't strict R1/R2 deadlines and completed applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received. Basically, if you submit your application on 12/8 and your recos don't go in 'til, say 12/15, you won't get pushed into R3. Admissions office would simply review your completed applications once they're done with the apps submitted before yours.

The way I worked around this problem was to ask the people who wrote my recos to mail their recos in directly to Goizueta, just as I did with transcripts. You just need to fill out the reco form and give it to them along with an envelop. Or you can just give them the reco form and ask them to start writing so that once your app has been submitted, all they need to do is copy & paste.

Hope this helps.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2008, 04:39
That's a perfect answer from 334MBA. I used the latter of his approaches last year, giving them the hard copy form so they could start formulating their answers, then after I submitted, they just copy and paste their answers into the online form. Good luck with your apps.

Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2008, 22:30
Thanks a lot guys.

I've already initiated the second route, just to be on the safe side.

Problem with my recommenders is both of them live in a different city, so even more difficult sitting on them to do the job. So have mailed the pdf, and just hope they submit it on time!

:o
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2008, 03:03
Hi,
I am applying to Emory R2. I have a doubt regarding the transcripts. The website recommends us(I am from India) to send the transcripts through the WES service. However the deadline is coming close, and the entire process might push beyond the deadline.

Can't I just send the official transcript to the university??

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2008, 04:49
The website only recommends wes so I think it should suffice if we send just the official transcript. Can anyone who's applied in R1 confirm this?
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 07:44
connecticket wrote:
The website only recommends wes so I think it should suffice if we send just the official transcript. Can anyone who's applied in R1 confirm this?

I think the process is a little different for International vs domestic students. It's best to call admissions office to ask.
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 10:38
In @ Emory :-D :-D

Just got my admission letter on E-mail 15 minutes ago

Soooooo relieved
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 12:38
Mishari wrote:
In @ Emory :-D :-D

Just got my admission letter on E-mail 15 minutes ago

Soooooo relieved

CONGRATS!! I'm IN too!! I just got the phone call from admissions team.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 15:41
Congrats to both of you, hopefully you'll join us at Goizueta next fall. Please, let me know if a student contacts you within the next couple of weeks to congratulate you and open themselves up for any questions you may have. Also, you should be sure to save the date, I believe its March 27th and 28th for our Welcome Weekend. Its a good time, and I hope to see you there.

Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 15:46
I have my interview at Goizueta on December 6th! They never sent me a schedule for the day. Is it available online?

"George is getting upset!"

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2008, 04:00
Hi guys.

I'm an international student and my interview is scheduled for Dec 8. What kind of questions should I expect?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 07:59
oziozzie wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm an international student and my interview is scheduled for Dec 8. What kind of questions should I expect?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Take a look at this one.

103-t55030&start=0
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2008, 07:05
Hey dudes, I don't think there is an official thread for Emory apps, so I thought I'd post this here. My dad did his masters overseas and still keeps in contact with his classmates over there. He was corresponding with one of them, who happens to be a film producer in London. He had this to say about Emory (School X is ranked higher in the US):

"I don’t know the reputation of [School X] – which you mention – but Emory is well-known and respected even over here in the UK, principally for its law school and business school (which has some unspellable name like Goizeta)."

Unspellable indeed.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2008, 13:56
In at Emory as well, although I haven't received the official letter yet. Did anyone receive any scholarship offers and if so were they verbal or included in the offer letter?
Re: Emory - Goizueta School of Business   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2008, 13:56