Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Employees should expect no privacy while on- Review Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Employees should expect no privacy while on- Review Please [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 04:47
topic - "Employees should expect no privacy while on the job, even when engaging in personal communication via telephone or e-mail. Employers are paying for their employees'
time and have a reasonable expectation that this time is spent solely on work-related activities.

My response -

Author has raised a question here that whether employees should have any privacy while they are on work. Further author has emphasized that employees should not expect any privacy even when they are engaged in personal communication via telephone or email. Author has given rational behind this point of view that as employers are paying their employees so employers can expect their employees to spend office hours only on work related activities. I completely disagree with author here and support the employee's privacy right even when they are at work.

My strongest belief behind my point of view is that human being is a social animal who is very much affected with his or her work environment. Human can't work like a machine without any break or any personal activity in between work. Even many recent surveys conducted on employees support that employees who are allowed to take small breaks or who are frequently engaged in interactions with other colleagues during office hours are more productive then employees who are not involved in such activities. There should be a healthy environment in office. If employees are only engaged in office related activities without any personal activities then such environment could seriously de motivate employees.

In agreement with my first point, I would like to highlight that nobody can predict when an emergency can arise in ones personal life or one's loved one's life’s e.g. if an employee is at work and there is an emergency at his or her home, then employees has to engage in personal communication. In this situation, employers shall have enough tolerance to allow such personal engagements.

Secondly, I would like to emphasis that everybody has right of privacy even when individual is at work or at any other place. Privacy right should be respected by every one. Although I strongly support that there should be proper balance between individual’s rights and duties, I support the view point that individual should be care full while exercising their rights. When any individual is at work, his or her complete attention shall be on work related tasks and not on his or her personal life related activities.

In sum, I would like to emphasis that it is employer’s right to expect that employees should only work in office hours and should not engage themselves in other personal activities but at the same time employees should respect employees right of privacy and other situation in which employees do not have choice other than to get engaged in personal activates. Employers should try to develop a healthy environment in office where employees are encouraged to more productive not in terms of number of hours work but in terms of work delivered.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: please rate my issue essay [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 09:06
hi ashish,
this essay looks pretty awesome than compared to your previous essay.
i feel it more persuasive ( convincing), but stil there are minor typos & little grammatical errors.

you have almost entirely disagreed with the issue's claim.
you could have even mentioned an agreeable component for the essay.

any how. good job dude.
you can achieve more than 5. :)
Re: please rate my issue essay   [#permalink] 22 May 2012, 09:06