Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Employment dates: how precise do I need to be?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Employment dates: how precise do I need to be? [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2011, 16:59
I'm seeing that some apps' Work History section want not just month & year, but actual dates of starting and ending employment. For the life of me, I can't remember that kind of thing, and I'm not even sure where to find out. Can I ballpark it within a week or two, or will that cause a problem with the background check?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Employment dates: how precise do I need to be? [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 05:51
I was able to find these dates by looking back in my email history. Generally recruitment stuff was all done through my personal email address, so I've got emails that confirm my start dates and such.
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Employment dates: how precise do I need to be? [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 05:58
Just be as close as you can... I mean seriously... if you started the 17th or the 24th of the month... that 1 week gap isn't something that's really meaningful in terms of your resume/application

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Employment dates: how precise do I need to be?   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2011, 05:58