Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What Energy Drink Should I Take During the GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

What Energy Drink Should I Take During the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 04:38
Hey guys,

Just wondering what energy drink to take during the gmat, and during which break? Personally, I lose most of my energy by the time the english section comes around, but I figured if I take a 5 hour energy drink might as well do it at the beginning of the test. Also, I figured if I did choose to have an energy drink other than a shot, during one of the breaks, that I would need to use the bathroom during the exam.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank You!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: What Energy Drink Should I Take During the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 05:40
Expert's post
Energy drinks in general could be risky for some because of the inevitable "crash." But I'm not sure about 5-Hour Energy. Experiment with it during your CAT sessions. That way, you can find out how your body will react under test conditions and whether there is any difference in your performance.

Here's a link that discusses various snacks and drinks for the GMAT: gmat-snacks-98462.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 6

Re: What Energy Drink Should I Take During the GMAT? [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 06:52
Expert's post
Whatever you choose to do - just make sure you don't suddenly try something new on the actual day of the exam so you are not surprised by the effects and so your body does not experience anything unusual.

If you'd like to test it out - try some during your study sessions and see how it affects your mind and body over time. Do note the potential risks (increased heart rate, etc) - certainly don't use them prior to anything physically intensive.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: What Energy Drink Should I Take During the GMAT?   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2012, 06:52