Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Englsih in my third language

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 2

Englsih in my third language [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 17:22
Hi,

it has been the beginning of the year that I'm preparing for gmat.
I'm ok with math, but have difficulty in English especially in the RC & CR.

Yes I'm reading English, but I dont think that my English will improve that fast. I wanna do the test by end of August.

by the way, my English isnt that bad...i did my college and university studies for 7 years in English...but I'm not that fluent.

any suggestions? any easy books or sites to start with? I'm studying the OG 11

THANKS,
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Englsih in my third language [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 20:24
Bonjour!

I'm guessing you are from Quebec? Anyways reading from what you have wrote I think CR might be especially challenging, it might be necessary for you to purchase some additional guides (maybe there are some good guides on GMATCLUB, I personally have no examine them). One source I would recommend is Powerscore's Critical Reasoning Bible, which is adopted from the Logical Reasoning Bible (for the LSAT). Although some of the concepts may seem foreign at first, stay with it and I'm sure things will be more clear.

For reading comprehension, try reading the Economist and Time magazine, but instead of just reading for plot think about how the article was written, what was the point of the article. Remember to succeeding in RC does NOT require you to memorize every detail.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Englsih in my third language [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 20:25
btw, I don't think its necessary a good idea to study the OG right off the bat if you have problems with the fundamentals of CR.
Manager
Manager

Re: Englsih in my third language [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2009, 05:51
NorthQuebec wrote:
Bonjour!

I'm guessing you are from Quebec? Anyways reading from what you have wrote I think CR might be especially challenging, it might be necessary for you to purchase some additional guides (maybe there are some good guides on GMATCLUB, I personally have no examine them). One source I would recommend is Powerscore's Critical Reasoning Bible, which is adopted from the Logical Reasoning Bible (for the LSAT). Although some of the concepts may seem foreign at first, stay with it and I'm sure things will be more clear.

For reading comprehension, try reading the Economist and Time magazine, but instead of just reading for plot think about how the article was written, what was the point of the article. Remember to succeeding in RC does NOT require you to memorize every detail.

hey, yes im from mtl- Quebec

actually, i have more prob with RC than CR...I dont think that I'm fast enough in reading texts. I also have prob focusing on what Im reading when it's a long text.

ill check the resources and guides offered by GMATCLUB

thanks for your help!

thanks for your help and Ill check the r
Manager
Manager

Re: Englsih in my third language [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 10:28
any other suggestions?
Re: Englsih in my third language   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2009, 10:28