Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [3] , given: 235

Reviews Badge
Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 12:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

Day and night we are just running and thinking about pending work,assignments and most importantly the big thing GMAT. We are collecting a lot of stress and negative energy when we are unable to achieve it. Lets keep everything aside for a while, just think of the things that really makes you happy. No matter what you like, whether it is music, rafting, mountain trekking, fcuk(sry admins just for humor) or anything else. Even if you cant go and climb mountain just imagine it. Imagine it really, drive your favorite car even if you cannot afford right now. Just have the joy of it for sometime. Just spread the positive energy. More you spread it more you will receive. That's the law of nature.
Make sure what you really want in life, just do not flow with the wind. No matter you do not get Harvard/Stanford, be great-full to the school who welcomes you. Just cherish the life........Do not take STRESS.

Lets discuss such things here. Full of joy, thrilling, adventurous. Share your happy moments, likes just everything that will make you smile while writing the post. I m sure others gonna love it.

I m starting with one of my favorite quotes.

" Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls "

Everyday in the morning just have the feeling of gratitude and thank the God ( If you do not believe in God, thank the person/thing you believe). Everyday focus on your Goal, be affirmative that you can do it and fight hard for it.
Because " Whether you think you can or whether you can't either way you are right. "

So start with a lot of THANKS, as feeling of gratitude and appreciation could lead to evolution.
(Just kidding)

Have a R o C k I n G time. :-D

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 03:49
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Hi all,

Day and night we are just running and thinking about pending work,assignments and most importantly the big thing GMAT. We are collecting a lot of stress and negative energy when we are unable to achieve it. Lets keep everything aside for a while, just think of the things that really makes you happy. No matter what you like, whether it is music, rafting, mountain trekking, fcuk(sry admins just for humor) or anything else. Even if you cant go and climb mountain just imagine it. Imagine it really, drive your favorite car even if you cannot afford right now. Just have the joy of it for sometime. Just spread the positive energy. More you spread it more you will receive. That's the law of nature.
Make sure what you really want in life, just do not flow with the wind. No matter you do not get Harvard/Stanford, be great-full to the school who welcomes you. Just cherish the life........Do not take STRESS.

Lets discuss such things here. Full of joy, thrilling, adventurous. Share your happy moments, likes just everything that will make you smile while writing the post. I m sure others gonna love it.

I m starting with one of my favorite quotes.

" Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls "

Everyday in the morning just have the feeling of gratitude and thank the God ( If you do not believe in God, thank the person/thing you believe). Everyday focus on your Goal, be affirmative that you can do it and fight hard for it.
Because " Whether you think you can or whether you can't either way you are right. "

So start with a lot of THANKS, as feeling of gratitude and appreciation could lead to evolution.
(Just kidding)

Have a R o C k I n G time. :-D

Nice post, thanks you've added inspiration
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 3

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 03:58
agree gurpreet
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 23:31
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2010, 20:57
thanks so much for this inspiring post! kudos!

GOAL: 7xx

Manager
Manager
Schools: Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 19

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 16:47
Awesome, thread! I enjoy collecting quotes, proverbs, inspirational stories, etc., so I've got quite a few. I'll post a few of my favorites here. This will also allow me to read them again and get re-inspired :-)

10 commandments of Elodie Armstrong:

Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.

Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.

Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.

Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you for they make poor bedfellows.

Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time anyway.

Thou shalt not borrow other people’s problems. They can take better care of them than you can.

Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday for good or ill – it is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.

Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It’s very hard to learn something new when you’re talking.

Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 90 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and it will only interfere with positive action.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 19

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 17:28
This post received
KUDOS
Today's proverb: “Man and the turtle are very much alike. Neither makes any progress without sticking his neck out.” - Anonymous

Going through this process - studying for and taking the GMAT and then applying for and attending business school - involves risks and investments. We have to put in a lot of time to study for the GMAT and put together our applications. And we have to spend a significant monetary investment in books to study for the GMAT, taking the GMAT, applying to schools, and, the largest investment of all, attending business school.

However, the end result is hopefully placing you in a better place, doing what you enjoy better than you were before (or maybe instead of what you were doing before), and having learned a whole lot along the way.

I haven't been this excited about something in a while. And every day I'm more confident that I'm on the right path, which is what keeps me going through the more difficult parts of this process.

So a toast to the exciting and enlightening times that lay ahead of us :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 5

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :) [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2010, 06:27
If you want to do it -- DO IT; there's not TRY.

GGG (Gym / GMAT / Girl) -- Be Serious

Its your duty to post OA afterwards; some one must be waiting for that...

Re: Enough of stress, lets spread happiness :)   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2010, 06:27