Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:27 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72856 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.22
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Enquiry [#permalink]
Thank you very much for your advice. I'll keep that in mind...
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64880 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
debgmat wrote:
Hi I am from India and new to this forum and its really good to be here. I have some queries which I state below:

I got my undergraduate degree this year and will be joining a company mid July. I plan to gain experience in the company and then go for MBA abroad. I wish to know how much experience(in years) would I require for an admission to a B-School. I am interested in Finance and also wish to know how to prepare for GMAT and the score i should target for it...Thank YOU!!!

If you are joining an IT company, aim to get 750+ in GMAT and work very hard and smart in your job to get stellar recommendations. Also, leadership positions in IT companies take time so focus on something outside work e.g. work very seriously with an NGO or start your own set-up to work toward something you are passionate about (finance, in this case, I guess) etc. After 2-3 yrs, when you start applying, you must have some fabulous stories up your sleeve - about who you are, things you are passionate about and things you have done.

If you are joining a finance company, 720+ should be good enough. But again, try and do something outside work too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thnx for your information...
I currently enrolled in a construction and energy firm and i would like to know how many years would actively help me serving?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64880 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
debgmat wrote:
Thnx for your information...
I currently enrolled in a construction and energy firm and i would like to know how many years would actively help me serving?

There is no magic number. Some people apply for their MBA at 24 yrs and others do it at 34. The point is - when do you think MBA is the natural choice for your career. The admin will have 2 important questions (and many more) for you - Why MBA? and Why at this point in your career? You should be able to convince them. So work for a while and when it makes sense to you that now you should get your MBA, apply. Also, if you are in non-finance field right now but are planning to take up finance, do something in finance on the side.
GMAT Club Bot