Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Entering score recipients on test day

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Entering score recipients on test day [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 14:46
Hello. I am new to the forum, but I think this is one of the best places with most comprehensive infromation, startegies and tips about GMAT. I will be taking the test in September, but I am little confused about the 5 school recipients that we can send scores to for free. What I do not understand is when exactly will I be asked to enter the schools - before I sit and start the actual test, or right after it ends? The asnwer to that will obviously make a huge difference. In most of the posts I have read, people say you enter them before you get seated and everything, but I remember seeing a post by someone in this forum saying that he/she skipped that option and then after finishing the test and seeing the score, was able to enter the recipients. I still have doubts about my schools to choose, because I don't want to enter schools from the top 10 for example, if my score won't be that great (better choose then some of the not so competitive and highly ranked schools). Also, will the school names be enough or I have to have their individual GMAT test code? If someone who has reliable info about this can answer, that will be great. Maybe it depends on the test center, where you take the test? Or not really? What do you think?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Duke '15
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 4

Re: Entering score recipients on test day [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 14:48
You enter them before hand. But you can always add schools afterwards at $25 a school.

Show Thanks to fellow members with Kudos its shows your appreciation and its free

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9412 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Entering score recipients on test day [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 14:51
Expert's post
You don't need to have any codes with you. Just know the names - there will be a massive drop down thingie for your 5 schools.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: Entering score recipients on test day [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2011, 06:48
Hey Aurore,

Students often question whether to report their scores because they are selecting schools before they know their test
score. That’s a natural response, but it actually makes sense to select five free schools anyway. The score you get will
end up on your official GMAT “transcript”; you cannot remove or hide anything. You must submit this transcript if
you want to apply to a school, which means they will eventually see all of your scores. Because you have to give them
access anyway, you might as well give them access before you know the score, when it doesn’t cost you anything
extra! Don’t worry — admissions offices have no time to look up your score before you’ve even applied. In fact, some
schools do not even verify your self-reported score until after they’ve accepted you.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Entering score recipients on test day   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2011, 06:48