Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Equity Sales. Please, evaluate my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 45

Equity Sales. Please, evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 04:25
Hi! Please evaluate my profile...

I'm 28, Russian, Male

1. My full-time work experience is about 5.5 years. The whole time I have been working in Russia's one of the largest brokerage service compaines. I have started from position of analyst then have been promoted to senior analyst. After 2 years of analysing and writing researches I moved to the sales department on position that was called "personal broker" or Equity Sales if consider parallels with usual international definitions. The main duties are analizing market, constructing ideas and recommending these ideas to the clients. It took me three years - the shortest period of time possible - to earn the maximum grade (3th) on this position.

2. GMAT is the main reason of this topic creation. I passed the GMAT in sept 2012 first time and scored 700 (Q50, V34) and 3.0 AWA. I was not quite satisfied with V34 and AWA 3.0 and decided to get ready better. Today (11.03.2013) I have passed the GMAT one more time, but scored 710 with Q51 and V33 only. V33 is 67% and V34 is 69%. I'm going to apply INSEAD, but have read on their website that they demand 70% on each section of GMAT. What do you think about it? What about Stanford, Columbia, LSE and MIT?

3. I have graduated from Maths Department of Novosibirsk State University, 10th in rating of the best institutes of higher education in Russia. My average grade is 4.68 from 5 possible.

4. I engage in sport: play squash (actually after only one year playing I have become the best squash player in my city), attend martial arts, go to the gym.

5. None.

6. My target programs:
full-time MBA in
a) INSEAD
b) Stanford
c) LSE

7. INSEAD R2 Jan 2014, Stanford R1 2014, LSE R1 2014

8. First 2 years after MBA I plan to work in consulting, specializing in power industry, then to open my own company that will build sun- and windpower plants. I am one of the patentholders of recently invented power plant that produces sun and wind energy efficiently.

Last edited by Izomer85 on 13 Sep 2013, 00:24, edited 3 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Equity Sales. Please, evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 22:13
Expert's post
Izomer85 wrote:
Hi! Please evaluate my profile...

I'm 28, Russian, Male

1. My full-time work experience is about 5.5 years. The whole time I have been working in Russia's one of the largest brokerage service compaines. I have started from position of analyst then have been promoted to senior analyst. After 2 years of analysing and writing researches I moved to the sales department on position that was called "personal broker" or Equity Sales if consider parallels with usual international definitions. The main duties are analizing market, constructing ideas and recommending these ideas to the clients. It took me three years - the shortest period of time possible - to earn the maximum grade (3th) on this position.

2. GMAT is the main reason of this topic creation. I passed the GMAT in sept 2012 first time and scored 700 (Q50, V34) and 3.0 AWA. I was not quite satisfied with V34 and AWA 3.0 and decided to get ready better. Today (11.03.2013) I have passed the GMAT one more time, but scored 710 with Q51 and V33 only. V33 is 67% and V34 is 69%. I'm going to apply INSEAD, but have read on their website that they demand 70% on each section of GMAT. What do you think about it? What about Stanford, Columbia, LSE and MIT?

3. I have graduated from Maths Department of Novosibirsk State University, 10th in rating of the best institutes of higher education in Russia. My average grade is 4.68 from 5 possible.

4. I engage in sport: play squash (actually after only one year playing I have become the best squash player in my city), attend martial arts, go to the gym.

5. None.

6. My target programs:
full-time MBA in
a) INSEAD
b) Stanford
c) LSE

7. INSEAD R2 Jan 2014, Stanford R1 2014, LSE R1 2014

8. First 2 years after MBA I plan to work in consulting, specializing in power industry, then to open my own company that will build sun- and windpower plants. I am one of the patentholders of recently invented power plant that produces sun and wind energy efficiently.

I think you can address your verbal scoreby taking classes to improvie your English. Schools will consider those efforts. Whether they will be enough to overcome concerns about your verbal score? You can only find out if you apply.

Yes, 70% is a guideline at INSEAD. 69% is as close as you can get to 70% and INSEAD takes the highest score from your verbal and quant scores in evaluating your qualifications.

Go for it. But take steps to counter concerns about your language ability when you apply in the fall.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 45

Re: Equity Sales. Please, evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 00:38
Thanks a lot, Linda! I'm going to upgrade my verbal level and retake the GMAT in few weeks. I bet this was SC that knocked me out from V38... The SC questions in the real GMAT were very unusual in relation to those in exercises. So, I feel that I can improve my score significantly! Thank you for your answer again!
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Equity Sales. Please, evaluate my profile [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:19
Expert's post
Izomer85 wrote:
Thanks a lot, Linda! I'm going to upgrade my verbal level and retake the GMAT in few weeks. I bet this was SC that knocked me out from V38... The SC questions in the real GMAT were very unusual in relation to those in exercises. So, I feel that I can improve my score significantly! Thank you for your answer again!

You're most welcome. Good luck with that GMAT!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog