Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Error Log

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 37

Error Log [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 18:52
I am about to start studying for the GMAT again. With all the talk of error logs, I'd like to be sure to fully utilize that. However, there is a real concern for me that the added time might not be worth it (cost-benefit). So, what's a really great LEAN error log? I've got MGMAT stuff and just plopped $14 on OG Archer. Can we count that as an error log? Will it give me good data on my weaknesses after a couple hundred questions? In short, that is exactly what I desire.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 48

Re: Error Log [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 18:57
vandygrad11 wrote:
I am about to start studying for the GMAT again. With all the talk of error logs, I'd like to be sure to fully utilize that. However, there is a real concern for me that the added time might not be worth it (cost-benefit). So, what's a really great LEAN error log? I've got MGMAT stuff and just plopped $14 on OG Archer. Can we count that as an error log? Will it give me good data on my weaknesses after a couple hundred questions? In short, that is exactly what I desire.

Based on where your quant and verbal scores lie, the only place you could really improve is on your quant score. I would suggest taking a math course at a community college as a refresher of the basics before proceeding with the GMAT studying.

Check out my website, a First-Hand view of what it's like to go to Business School! http://www.carlolivieri.com

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 6

Re: Error Log [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:27
Expert's post
vandygrad11 wrote:

Hi vandygrad11,

You can get a free online error log here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

Just simply register a username and login free. Any answers you record will be saved to your account and you can reload the page to see which questions you got right/wrong.

We will be releasing an OG tracker soon as well.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 448 [1] , given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 02:59
This post received
KUDOS
the good old notebook-pen combo worked out well for me. As soon as I finished a test or a section, I used to jot down stuff on the notepad. Mistakes, takeaways, concepts, tricks etc.

I found it much easier to revisit my mistakes and writing them down in the first place took lesser time as well.
Manager
Manager
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

Re: Error Log [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 12:07
I just made one in excel myself.

2 Tabs
PS, DS

Columns
Problem Number
My Answer
Correct Answer
Time Taken
Reason for error
Page Number (of problem)
Topic

Pretty easy. I am also trying to make more use of my log.

Hope this helps!

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Re: Error Log   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2013, 12:07