Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Error Log Questions - nearly all my OG problems I do go into

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Error Log Questions - nearly all my OG problems I do go into [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 15:36
I've been trying to go through the OG13 and do every problem because it seems to be the best way to prepare for the GMAT(from what I've read on the board). I'm starting with the problem solving section and it seems that nearly all the problems I'm doing are going into my error log because I get it wrong or take over 2.5 minutes on the problem. Is this normal? Is it normal to have to do most of the OG problems twice or more?

I feel like I'm progressing very slowly in my studying. I've only gone through 45 problem solving problems in OG13 and I've spent about 3 weeks doing just that. Just a little background, I've been studying for about five months. I took the Manhattan GMAT class and followed the syllabus, and I did one attempt at the official GMAT in late July. After my first official score was 560 I decided I would do every single OG13 problem.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9471 [1] , given: 3703

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Error Log Questions - nearly all my OG problems I do go into [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 16:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hm... not really though it depends on your level. If you are at 500 then probably that's what you should be expecting.
If you are a 650+ leve, you should be able to go through most questions in less than 2 mins and only about 20% of questions should take longer and you should aim for 10% mistake rate or lower (i kind of made the 10% rule but that's what seems right).

What you want to do is investigate why you made a mistake or what causes you to spend so much time and go and address that area.

P.S. Studying for a long time is an issue - you start forgetting what you have learned. Be careful.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Error Log Questions - nearly all my OG problems I do go into   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2012, 16:48