Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 14:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 11:49

ESADE Business School: Full-time MBA Fall 2013

Fall 2013 applicant details (Real Time)

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub real time applicant stats

Detailed Applicant List

GMATClub Real Time Applicant Tracker

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2012, 16:33
This post received
KUDOS
So, if anybody's interested, I applied, was accepted, and will be matriculating next year. Ask me anything about the process if you have any questions!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 06:23
Hello!
I have my interview next week, as I submitted my docs earlier this month. What was your interview like? I've been told there is a case study and a presentation. Are the questions based more on ' Why you want to do your MBA' or more " what are your thoughts about the current Euro-Crisis" lol.

Any help would be appreciated.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 14:43
Actually, I didn't have to do either a case study or a presentation - those are for Mannheim and HEC, respectively. I just had an interview with the main recruiter for North America, and it was, more or less, a standard school interview - give a good description of yourself, why now in your career, and spots for improvement, etc. You might get a "random" question like the one you described, but it wouldn't be something like "how would you fix the Euro Zone Crisis" or anything like that.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2012, 08:49
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted to ESADE :)
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [3] , given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 19:54
This post received
KUDOS
Received the admit mail yesterday :)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2012, 20:50
This post received
KUDOS
Got the acceptance letter yesterday. Anyone from India Bangalore.

I would be happy to share my mobile number.

Learning is the main weapon in an individual's life

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 06:45
Congrats Arman and "pugilist" ! did you guys get the direct scholarship ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 08:56
singhajay02 wrote:
Congrats Arman and "pugilist" ! did you guys get the direct scholarship ?

Nothing mentioned in the mailer. That means No I guess.

Did you receive one?

Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 09:10
They mentioned to me that the scholarship apps are done separately - either that, or I didn't qualify for a direct scholarship either.

Anyone else planning to matriculate?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 09:33
This post received
KUDOS
They notify about the direct scholarship in the acceptance mail itself but I haven't really heard or read about anyone getting it. For rest of the scholarships, they ask for essays and have various deadlines.
I am pretty sure that I will take the offer. Living in Barcelona itself is going to be a great experience as compared to living in any other city in the world.
Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 12:12
For anybody that has decided to enroll at ESADE, send me a PM - I have a group set up on Facebook for our class.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 19:36
SKabanov wrote:
For anybody that has decided to enroll at ESADE, send me a PM - I have a group set up on Facebook for our class.

Guys,
Can somebody lay out a finance plan.......

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 03:08
I haven't really started working on the finer details for financing but prima facie it seems that the banks associated with ESADE - Banc Sabadell & "la Caixa" have better schemes than at least the Indian banks that charge way too much interest. Do not go by these words yet as i have just started with it :-)
Has anyone else started the planning as well ?
Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 06:35
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the financial planning form. My impression is that this is more for your benefit - i.e. that you start thinking about the costs and how you're going to budget for them - than it is for ESADE. I did the financial form and didn't get any feedback from the school, so I doubt that, in most cases, there'll really be any "right or wrong" answers.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 07:51
SKabanov wrote:
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the financial planning form. My impression is that this is more for your benefit - i.e. that you start thinking about the costs and how you're going to budget for them - than it is for ESADE. I did the financial form and didn't get any feedback from the school, so I doubt that, in most cases, there'll really be any "right or wrong" answers.

What is your take on ESADE than the others you have applied for

Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 19:26
pugilist wrote:
SKabanov wrote:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you asking for my reason as to why I chose ESADE? I had a thread about this a couple of months ago (before @foars hijacked the thread to trumpet HEC). For the condensed version, Mannheim dropped out of the running because I wanted a bigger class size and the opportunity to take an internship. Between HEC and ESADE, I chose ESADE, as I really like the steps that the school takes for career development (like the CREAPOLIS initiative).
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 19:51
SKabanov wrote:
pugilist wrote:
SKabanov wrote:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you asking for my reason as to why I chose ESADE? I had a thread about this a couple of months ago (before @foars hijacked the thread to trumpet HEC). For the condensed version, Mannheim dropped out of the running because I wanted a bigger class size and the opportunity to take an internship. Between HEC and ESADE, I chose ESADE, as I really like the steps that the school takes for career development (like the CREAPOLIS initiative).

Yeah that's what I meant. I am pretty concerned about the value for money as it's a huge investment for me.

Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 05:26
pugilist wrote:
Yeah that's what I meant. I am pretty concerned about the value for money as it's a huge investment for me.

I certainly know what you mean about ROI, especially when you have the spectre of Spain's economic crisis in the background. According to everything I've read (like this article here), the school still has a great record in regards to how many students are finding jobs after school. Also, I'm a bit partial to the "business on campus" concept, as I think it's a really effective way for career / company development (my own company, Red Hat, took advantage of such an opportunity at North Carolina State University).
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 4

Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there!

Just a quick update on my ESADE application:

Applied: 28.09.2012 (Round 1)
Interviewed: 28.11.2012 (in Mumbai, India by an Admissions Director)
Accepted: 03.12.2012
Scholarship Notification: 14.12.2012

ESADE was the only school I applied to till the time I was interviewed and I am planning to enrol. I have no second thoughts about this.

Good luck to all those who're awaiting a decision on their applications.

I'll post my interview debrief shortly; in the meanwhile if any of you prospective applicants/interview invitees have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm open to hearing from you.

Likewise, if you have been admitted to ESADE and are considering enrolling in the program, please feel free to send me a PM. I'd love to connect with you folks! After all, we'll be peers :-)

Ciao!
Re: ESADE Business School 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2012, 07:15