Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 08:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE, IESE, ESADE
WE 1: Communications
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 09:21
Daniel -- I would contact ESADE and tell them about your offer from Judge. They might get back to you sooner if they know you're on a tight timeframe. Who knows, they might even match the scholarship! Although, I think at ESADE, they usuall don't give out money until you've been through the scholarship application process.. and you can't do that until after you're accepted... still, it's worth asking about!
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 01:55
thanks all for the nice comments!

beckee - nice to see you back here! congrats on getting through to the interview! I hope you have some good news very soon! what are your other two schools?

andygee - have you heard any news yet on your scholarship application?

daniel - first of all congratulations on getting into Cambridge! that is a great achievement. as others have said I would let Esade know as surely this would speed up the process. Try to decide what is your first choice school based on all the research you have done, all the facts and data you have. Either way you will have done well!

packan - good luck with the wait.... hope you get good news soon!!

by the way, the 2010 FT rankings have just come out. Esade remains on roughly the same place (19th vs 18th last year). Three schools overtook Esade this year (Yale, Oxford, HEC), but Esade overtook Cambridge and Ceibs. Overall a great result and placement stats for the school were great! :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 07:25
Hey everyone.

First, congrats to everyone with their application process. seems like everyone has been hearing good news. Having to choose between two offers is definitely better than having no offers.

I just had my interview with ESADE yesterday and overall i think it was a good experience. pretty similar to what people have said here already. I had to explain how my professional and personal life were similar/different which i kind of botched but overall a good experience. if people want more details let me know.

ganesh
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 15:04
This post received
KUDOS
Ganesh--
I think the people who have heard bad news just aren't announcing it to everyone! If it makes you all feel better about your accomplishment, I was actually dinged by ESADE :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 15:23
sally22 wrote:
Ganesh--
I think the people who have heard bad news just aren't announcing it to everyone! If it makes you all feel better about your accomplishment, I was actually dinged by ESADE :(

Thanks Sally22, sorry to hear about the news from ESADE. I suppose you have an admit from IE. When did you appear for interview with ESADE and when did you get the reply. I am actually waiting for reply after my interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 17:53
hi all,
i just had my interview a couple days ago. i did get feedback though that it's really competitive and my gmat is a weakness of my app, so they're recommending i retake it. :?

besides that, they asked - how do you see yourself in 20 years, what's been your failure, how do you combine your passion with your work, what else can you tell us about yourself that's not reflected anywhere in your app.
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 19:09
I interviewed back in September and heard back very quickly... about a week and a half later.

Also, you're right, I did get admitted to IE and plan to go there. The more I learn about IE, the more I am excited about joining the program :)
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 19:15
bdlphn98 --

If you're planning to retake your GMAT make sure the admissions staff is aware of that, or else they will process your application and you might get an irreversible negative decision sent to you in a few days... before you have a chance to retake the test.

This is essentially what happened to me. During my interview, we talked about my relatively low GMAT. I said I planned to retake the test. The interviewer said "ok, we'll hold your application."
Well... they didn't. And I got denied well before my planned test date. My GMAT might not have been a make or break element, anyway. But it was frustrating to know that I was denied the chance to make my application better ....

In retrospect, It's probably best if you don't submit your application until you get a GMAT score you're happy with. In my case, there's a reason why I did what I did but it's a long story....
Current Student
WE 1: 5- hr
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 00:12
Hello, I am also planning to apply for esade-
I was wondering - if it is not to ask too much - what gmat scores did you took and asked to retake the test?
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 05:47
I had a 610. The woman said that it was "OK" but getting a higher score might help my application.
I would shoot for at least 640.
Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 23:41
sally22 wrote:
I had a 610. The woman said that it was "OK" but getting a higher score might help my application.
I would shoot for at least 640.

thanks sally
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 10:25
thanks vgeri! i am still awaiting news from admissions. it should be sometime this week. the other two schools i applied to are local here in cali - UCLA and USC. not sure if you are familiar with these schools (they are both pretty good schools and best known for their sports team). i only applied to one international program and ESADE knows that - not sure if it will work for or against me.

good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 10:35
Hey everyone,

i got rejected by ESADE this morning. looks like i wasn't as good as the competition. Hopefully i'll get into the canadian schools i applied to. Good luck to everyone else with their applications. hopefully you have better luck than i do.

Ganesh
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 13:44
Hi gkhanna,

sorry to hear that news. can you list your profile. seems like the Indian Quota is filled up.

Cheers
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 16:24
Sorry to hear that Ganesh!!!!!!!! I was checking my inbox and the message I sent you last week never went through :( I had answered your question about the snow. Hope all your other apps pan out.. good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 19:31
sorry to hear that ganesh!!..

Wish you all the best for the other applications and dont lose hope!...
Current Student

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 04:23
bajargyan wrote:
sorry to hear that ganesh!!..

Wish you all the best for the other applications and dont lose hope!...

Does anybody have any idea what percent of the slots are filled?
is it late to apply for march deadline?
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 07:07
As the later rounds comes by the seats available surely reduces.. but to answer your question..it really depends where in the application you are?... have you done the gmat/ worked on the essay/ got your recommendations or not...

The gmat score is something the school can be flexible if you tell them when you are appearing for the exam.. but for further clarification you have to ask the adcom.

If you have all things prepared then surely its not late for you to submit your application...and the rest all depends on how good your profile is compared to the competition
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 20:34
Got reply today...and I am on the Waitlist!

Does anyone know what is the acceptance rate from waitlist? or how the reviews work?

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 20:45
There are couple of ways the schools choose to review your application such as:
1) give you further essay topics, so to get to know you better.
2) Ask you to attend an informative session or open day so that they can evaluate you.
3) Or not ask you to do anything and it all depends on the competition coming in from the next round.

What have the adcom told you exactly you have to see and you can ask them if you have to give them more information in the waitlist or not.

I hope this helps! good luck packan
Re: ESADE Business School   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2010, 20:45