Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 04:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PhD
Schools: LBS, ESADE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 08:41
Guys,

I haven't asked yet... first decided to meet up with an LBS alumni on Thursday in preparation of my interview... I will also ask him some more questions about LBS and hopefully get an even better idea of the school. If I still can't make a decision, then I will contact ESADE next week to ask for an extension.

I e-mailed two people who interviewed with me on the 30.10.2009 and neither of them has heard anything from ESADE... I thought you might be interested in that. Also, after my interview with ESADE I just e-mailed the admin office and asked when I could expect to hear from the... and they told me. :) They are very nice... and this is the reason why I am hesitant to ask for an extension!

Good luck and keep me posted!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 15:28
andygee wrote:
I e-mailed two people who interviewed with me on the 30.10.2009 and neither of them has heard anything from ESADE... I thought you might be interested in that. Also, after my interview with ESADE I just e-mailed the admin office and asked when I could expect to hear from the... and they told me. :) They are very nice... and this is the reason why I am hesitant to ask for an extension!

wow - that's interesting! do you think it's a case of getting back quickly to successful candidates and not so quickly to dings? that will make bajargyan and me a bit more nervous while we wait! :? good idea re finding out a bit more from your LBS contact. by the way, if he gives you some good tips, can you post them on the LBS thread? :)

bajargyan - like you I am still waiting. They have put me in touch with a current student so I can ask more direct questions about life at the school - will do that over the next few days. I'm quite keen on going to Bcn for their next open day (27 Nov) but obviously wouldn't like to go if they reject me - so for the moment I'm waiting.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ESADE, IESE, HEC
WE 1: ESADE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 20:15
Well.. i hope what you are saying vgeri is not true.. :?

I wonder how they are going to evaluate someone based on a telephone interview.. but as it is.. i hope they are more like really contemplating than already rejected us... if they had then i think they would have told us so..
I did ask the interviewer by when i should expect the result..and she told me it should be within 2 weeks.. so from the day of the interview i am into my second week..so i guess anytime now i should hear.

Vgeri i think you will know the response before Nov. 27th.
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 02:28
I don't think they decided already. What I assume is that because I have got a very unusual profile (researcher), it was easier for them to decide as by nature only a handful of scientist (if that) apply every year...

I wouldn't be worried too much and I am sure they will let you know before the 27th. However, I will be in Barcelona as well on the weekend of the 27th...

If I get good tips and ideas from my LBS contact then I will post them on the LBS thread...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 13:22
Hello guys,

This thread has been really useful for me. I have my interview with ESADE on the 21st of this month at NYC.

@bajargyan and @vgeri, thanks guys for your insights on the interview. Will update my experience once i'm done.

btw what is the name of the lady who interviewed you (vgeri and bajargyan)?
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 02:18
ghk wrote:
Hello guys,

This thread has been really useful for me. I have my interview with ESADE on the 21st of this month at NYC.

@bajargyan and @vgeri, thanks guys for your insights on the interview. Will update my experience once i'm done.

btw what is the name of the lady who interviewed you (vgeri and bajargyan)?

hey ghk! welcome to the thread!

Best of luck with your interview! What's your background and what other schools are you looking at?

I will pm you the name of my interviewer

Keep us updated on your application progress!
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 07:38
guys! I just got my admit!!

:lol:

I am in the same shoes now as andygee - deposit deadline is 4th Dec, LBS decision comes out 16th Dec. But I will worry about that later, for now I'm just very happy!

good luck everyone else! bajargyan - any news?
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 07:53
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

... and welcome to my shoes... :)
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 08:30
vgeri wrote:
guys! I just got my admit!!

:lol:

I am in the same shoes now as andygee - deposit deadline is 4th Dec, LBS decision comes out 16th Dec. But I will worry about that later, for now I'm just very happy!

good luck everyone else! bajargyan - any news?

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

And my hearty congratulations to you for your success. The dilemma your talking about - thats a good dilemma :-D - a joyful experience.

Now as for me, I live in NYC, and i'm targeting EU schools and then some Asian schools. I have 5yrs of exp as a consultant and now i'm looking for a change both professionally and geographically!!
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 08:59
Hello guys

I too am Admitted at ESADE !!!..and i can't explain how happy i am!!..congrats to you to Vgeri ..and if all goes well i hope we will be class mates in barcelona ..along with andygee..

For the moment.. as vgeri said..i am just very happy and relieved.. going to have a good sleep and think of the next steps!!
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 10:13
well done bajargyan!!!

:woohoo

have a good weekend!

bajargyan wrote:
Hello guys

I too am Admitted at ESADE !!!..and i can't explain how happy i am!!..congrats to you to Vgeri ..and if all goes well i hope we will be class mates in barcelona ..along with andygee..

For the moment.. as vgeri said..i am just very happy and relieved.. going to have a good sleep and think of the next steps!!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 12:19
that's great news... congratulations everyone! i went to the information session in LA last weekend and it was great.. can't wait until i submit and find out : ) hopefully i will be joining some of you in the program. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 12:20
Congratulations bajargyan!! Thats a great news. I am sure you would be relieved and extremely happy. 5 days to go before i interview. I'm starting to get a bit nervous as this would be my first B-school admissions interview. I heard ESADE's interviews are very friendly and are targeted to learn more about the applicant as a person. I hope this is case with mine too. Anyways will find out. I will update this thread with my experience this time next week.
Till then peace out everybody.
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 06:21
hey ghk

Thanks a lot :-D yea i am very happy...good luck with your interview.. just go through the universities website again and think of some good solid questions to ask the interviewer. practise would help you.... if it gives u any confidence.. esade's interview was my first business school interview as well ..

all the best!
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 00:34
beckee529 wrote:
that's great news... congratulations everyone! i went to the information session in LA last weekend and it was great.. can't wait until i submit and find out : ) hopefully i will be joining some of you in the program. :)

hi beckee, thanks for the congrats! I'm glad to hear you decided to apply! good luck with your essays!

btw I am seriously leaning towards Esade now regardless of what might happen with LBS. My gf and I are very keen on taking on the adventure of moving to Spain for a year and a half. I am going over to Bcn on the 27th for the open day, and will be making a decision after that...
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 01:01
vgeri... these are exactly my thoughts, plus I was really impressed by the school... as I mentioned, I will be in barcelona as well on the 27th, maybe we'll meet... :-D

I called my admin officer from ESADE yesterday regarding the extension and she said that this year hardly any extensions get granted since ESADE is a small business school and since they already had more applications than ever before... she suggested that I write an e-mail to the admin director which I am going to do today... however, she said that she would do the same thing if in my shoes...

will keep you posted
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 08:47
hi everybody,

my request for an extension of the deposit deadline was denied saying that they do not provide extensions for admitted candidates... they would be happy to put me on the waiting list and once I came to a conclusion they would re-evaluate my candidacy... however, at that point a lot will depend on demand and space availability and a place cannot be guaranteed anymore... :cry:

now I am none the wiser and still don't know what to do :?
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 09:54
andygee wrote:
hi everybody,

my request for an extension of the deposit deadline was denied saying that they do not provide extensions for admitted candidates... they would be happy to put me on the waiting list and once I came to a conclusion they would re-evaluate my candidacy... however, at that point a lot will depend on demand and space availability and a place cannot be guaranteed anymore... :cry:

now I am none the wiser and still don't know what to do :?

oh no... that's not very good news. :? hmmm. now it becomes a really tough call. I think what I said before now really becomes relevant: you have to decide which school you would prefer regardless of admin decision. If ESADE, then easy. If you definitely prefer LBS, then you have to ask whether you're willing to take the risk. If your interview is before the 27th, then at least you'll have a feeling of how it went?

all this applies to me as well by the way... I think I know my decision but will take a little longer to think about it...
Intern
Intern

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 07:27
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my interview with LBS - I think it went ok and it was very relaxed. However, after having thought about everything I made a decision :o. I think that ESADE is a great fit for me and I decided to accept. How exciting!!

Good luck with the application everyone... hope to meet you in Barcelona. :wink:
Manager
Manager

Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 13:31
andygee wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my interview with LBS - I think it went ok and it was very relaxed. However, after having thought about everything I made a decision :o. I think that ESADE is a great fit for me and I decided to accept. How exciting!!

Good luck with the application everyone... hope to meet you in Barcelona. :wink:

hi andygee! congratulations on your decision! :-D that's great news!

must be a great feeling to have come to the end of the application 'journey' - with a great outcome! well done again, and hope to see you in Barcelona! I will make my final decision by the end of next week. :wink:
Re: ESADE Business School   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2009, 13:31