Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy management
Schools:ESADE, IESE, HEC
 Q47  V31
GPA: 3.21
WE 1: ESADE
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1748 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink]
Congratulations bajargyan!! Thats a great news. I am sure you would be relieved and extremely happy. 5 days to go before i interview. I'm starting to get a bit nervous as this would be my first B-school admissions interview. I heard ESADE's interviews are very friendly and are targeted to learn more about the applicant as a person. I hope this is case with mine too. Anyways will find out. I will update this thread with my experience this time next week.
Till then peace out everybody.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
hey ghk

Thanks a lot :-D yea i am very happy...good luck with your interview.. just go through the universities website again and think of some good solid questions to ask the interviewer. practise would help you.... if it gives u any confidence.. esade's interview was my first business school interview as well ..

all the best!
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
beckee529 wrote:
that's great news... congratulations everyone! i went to the information session in LA last weekend and it was great.. can't wait until i submit and find out : ) hopefully i will be joining some of you in the program. :)

hi beckee, thanks for the congrats! I'm glad to hear you decided to apply! good luck with your essays!

btw I am seriously leaning towards Esade now regardless of what might happen with LBS. My gf and I are very keen on taking on the adventure of moving to Spain for a year and a half. I am going over to Bcn on the 27th for the open day, and will be making a decision after that...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PhD
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Management in Pharmaceuticals
Schools:LBS, ESADE
 Q45  V42
Send PM
vgeri... these are exactly my thoughts, plus I was really impressed by the school... as I mentioned, I will be in barcelona as well on the 27th, maybe we'll meet... :-D

I called my admin officer from ESADE yesterday regarding the extension and she said that this year hardly any extensions get granted since ESADE is a small business school and since they already had more applications than ever before... she suggested that I write an e-mail to the admin director which I am going to do today... however, she said that she would do the same thing if in my shoes...

will keep you posted
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
hi everybody,

my request for an extension of the deposit deadline was denied saying that they do not provide extensions for admitted candidates... they would be happy to put me on the waiting list and once I came to a conclusion they would re-evaluate my candidacy... however, at that point a lot will depend on demand and space availability and a place cannot be guaranteed anymore... :cry:

now I am none the wiser and still don't know what to do :?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
andygee wrote:
hi everybody,

my request for an extension of the deposit deadline was denied saying that they do not provide extensions for admitted candidates... they would be happy to put me on the waiting list and once I came to a conclusion they would re-evaluate my candidacy... however, at that point a lot will depend on demand and space availability and a place cannot be guaranteed anymore... :cry:

now I am none the wiser and still don't know what to do :?

oh no... that's not very good news. :? hmmm. now it becomes a really tough call. I think what I said before now really becomes relevant: you have to decide which school you would prefer regardless of admin decision. If ESADE, then easy. If you definitely prefer LBS, then you have to ask whether you're willing to take the risk. If your interview is before the 27th, then at least you'll have a feeling of how it went?

all this applies to me as well by the way... I think I know my decision but will take a little longer to think about it...
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my interview with LBS - I think it went ok and it was very relaxed. However, after having thought about everything I made a decision :o. I think that ESADE is a great fit for me and I decided to accept. How exciting!!

Good luck with the application everyone... hope to meet you in Barcelona. :wink:
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
andygee wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my interview with LBS - I think it went ok and it was very relaxed. However, after having thought about everything I made a decision :o. I think that ESADE is a great fit for me and I decided to accept. How exciting!!

Good luck with the application everyone... hope to meet you in Barcelona. :wink:

hi andygee! congratulations on your decision! :-D that's great news!

must be a great feeling to have come to the end of the application 'journey' - with a great outcome! well done again, and hope to see you in Barcelona! I will make my final decision by the end of next week. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I had my interview with an admission director of ESADE last weekend. I must say that it was one of the best interview experiences that i've ever had. I'd been told by many that ESADE's interviews are really casual and friendly, but it was only after the interview that i realized this. The interviewer was extremely friendly and i had a feeling that the purpose of the interview was to know more about me as the person behind the application document.

Now the wait begins and i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

@andygee, congratulations on your decision to go to ESADE. Glad to know a guy who gives more importance to personal fit rather than rankings. :)

@vgeri, all the best with your decision making process. May the force be with you.. :-D
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
... about rankings: I love to point out the WSJ ranking, which is based on recruiters needs... which is obviously one of the most important things! :P

however, I simply thought that I am going to benefit a lot more from a school (and in a place) where I enjoy being and where study group members seem to be friendly instead of only always in competition with each other. additionally, I am trying to change careers from scientist to management in pharma, so I thought a close interaction with career service and professors might help.

I hope this makes sense - good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
andygee wrote:
... about rankings: I love to point out the WSJ ranking, which is based on recruiters needs... which is obviously one of the most important things! :P

however, I simply thought that I am going to benefit a lot more from a school (and in a place) where I enjoy being and where study group members seem to be friendly instead of only always in competition with each other. additionally, I am trying to change careers from scientist to management in pharma, so I thought a close interaction with career service and professors might help.

I hope this makes sense - good luck everyone.

It makes perfect sense and congrats once again.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
hi ghk, well done on your interview, glad to hear you had a good experience! good luck with the wait - i'm rooting for you!

bajargyan - we haven't heard from you in a while! have you decided to accept your offer? I know it was your top choice as well, but have you made a final decision?

andygee - I pm'ed you re this Friday in Barcelona!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@vgeri thank you very much. Yes i definitely enjoyed the experience and yes the wait is killing (due to lack of a better word) me. :-D

@andygee, I have a question for you and i've sent you a PM.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
hello guys

first of all ghk..good luck with the decision! and i hope you get a positive response.

Vgeri ..yes i am going to accept ESADE's offer ..will be sending the reservation deposit..by this week.
Andygee..its good to see that you have decided to join ESADE :D ..i look forward to meeting you in Barcelona!!
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
Hey guys..

I just got an interview call from the other school i had applied to that is IESE today..although it wasn't the top choice.. but it was the next choice after ESADE...Its a good to feeling to be called for interview from another reputed school...but as fate would have it..i just made my reservation deposit for ESADE today.. hours before i got the interview notification..although i will still go for the interview and go through the whole experience. :lol:
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V47
Send PM
bajargyan wrote:
Hey guys..

I just got an interview call from the other school i had applied to that is IESE today..although it wasn't the top choice.. but it was the next choice after ESADE...Its a good to feeling to be called for interview from another reputed school...but as fate would have it..i just made my reservation deposit for ESADE today.. hours before i got the interview notification..although i will still go for the interview and go through the whole experience. :lol:

congrats, bajargyan! both for the IESE invitation, and for making your decision (and parting with €8K! :o )! that timing must be fate indeed. I can't believe you're still going ahead with interviews though - hardcore :wink:

I'm off to Bcn tomorrow morning for the open day - looking forward to it! Will meet up with andygee if all goes well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I'm planning on applying to ESADE too. This thread has be really helpful. And congrats vgeri, bajargyan and andygee for your admit!!

I've pretty much got the same feel as you guys to this school. Although I haven't had my interview, I met with the admissions director here in Chicago and I must say I got a very positive vibe of the school. I also attended an online informative session last week, which was quite useful.

This is what I've gathered so far about the school if its of any use to you all.

* As most of you have already said, there's a personal touch and that there's a close bond between students.
* In the class of 2009, about 70% had jobs 3 months after graduation. And about 70% of the 1st year students got internships. Percentage of students having jobs 3 months after gradually is usually 90% but due to the financial crisis, it's less this year, like most schools.
* Scholarships are given out based on merit and usually range between 15% and 40% of the tuition fees. About 30 to 40% of the students get scholarships.
* Good entrepreneurial focus. The school selects the best entrepreneurial idea and rewards the team with a cash prize and an office space in ESADE's new campus which houses ESADE (not MBA) as well as companies (this prize was given out in 2009 but not sure if this applies every year)

I will be submitting my application by the Dec 11th deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts