Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE + CEMS vs SSE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

ESADE + CEMS vs SSE [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 21:49
Hey,
I am in kind of a luxurious dilemma right now. I have been accepted at ESADE for the Master of Finance with the combination of the CEMS mim, and received an admission from the Stockholm School of Economics for the Master in Finance - Investment Management/Corporate Finance. I am a bit unsure which school to choose, SSE is a two years programme and seems to provide me with a good foundation of Finance, while ESADE is in combination with the cems a very international programme with good placements, plus it will help me with improving my spanish. The programme is only 3 semesters long. I wouldnt leave out the factor lifestyle either, since a Masters programme is kind of long, so barcelona definitely beats Stockholm there.
SSE still leaves me with the option to apply for the cems programme, but I wont know until September, so I have to make my choice without having any confirmation. As a EU citizen SSE is free for me to study in, but yet I dont want money to be the deciding factor.
If anybody has any insights, opinions or experiences, I would be grateful for every comment. I only have a few days to decide, so feel free to speak out whats on your mind ;)
thank you very much
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics (MSc Finance) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE + CEMS vs SSE [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 09:41
I'm admitted to SSE MSc Finance as well, but I'm waiting for my scholarship decision before going there.
Anyway, if u decide on Sweden, here is the unofficial fb group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sse.mscfinance14/
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE + CEMS vs SSE [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 11:26
Hey,

I am admitted to the Finance program as well, from what I heard it should not be too hard to get accepted to the CEMS program, if you fulfill the language requirements. However, it is recommended that you take an extra semester then but students have done it in four semesters as well.

I guess it all depends on where you want to work when you have finished your studies, SSE definitely have a good reputation internationally but compared to ESADE I don't know, probably differs between countries.

cheerio
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE + CEMS vs SSE [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 16:27
very cool, thank you very much for your replies.
about the reputation, i was a bit confused why I was not able to find ESADE in some of the rankings, for example in the financial times ranking:
rankings. ft. com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2011 (sorry, i needed to put in two spaces, because my status does not allow me to post urls)
could you tell me what the language requirements in stockholm are for the cems students? in barcelona, it was three languages, but they did not check the third language in the application process.
is it necessary to speak swedish?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE + CEMS vs SSE [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 12:45
It is three languages also, but I don't know the exact requirements for the third language. There is some sort of selection test, or if you can prove that you fulfill the requirements in another way.

I heard something about a B2 level for the third language but I am not completely sure about that or what kind of certificates/tests SSE accepts.
Re: ESADE + CEMS vs SSE   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2012, 12:45