Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE vs IE vs IESE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 15:33
I would love to study in Spain. I spent 6 years there and would love to go back and live there for the rest of my life.
Can anyone tell me how these schools compare? Ranking? Type of students? Teaching methods? Specialties?
Thanks!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2012, 22:33
mattfrommorocco wrote:
I would love to study in Spain. I spent 6 years there and would love to go back and live there for the rest of my life.
Can anyone tell me how these schools compare? Ranking? Type of students? Teaching methods? Specialties?
Thanks!!

Great question??I on the same boat as you..Would love to know the differences amongst the 3 colleges..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 10:17
IESE vs CBS?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 6

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 16:06
There is no doubt IESE is number one in Spain. And also in Europe as a generalist MBA (very similar to Harvard). IESE disputes first place in Europe - despite what rankings may say - mainly with LBS (more focused on Finance in general), having INSEAD in 3rd place.
My ranking for Spain would be IESE nº1 (no doubt at all) by quality of professors, quality of students, job offers, salary, history, etc; second would be ESADE (no doubt about this second position); and third (or fifth) would be IE.

Does this post deserve KUDOS?

Free Prep: Self-prepare GMAT for free and GMAT Math tips for free
Free Flashcards: Free GMAT Flashcards

More: "All I wish someone had told me about GMAT beforehand"
There are many things you want to know before doing the GMAT exam (how is exam day, what to expect, how to think, to do's...), and you have them in this blog, in a simple way

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 16:39
johnwesley wrote:
IESE disputes first place in Europe - despite what rankings may say - mainly with LBS (more focused on Finance in general), having INSEAD in 3rd place.

Why?
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 01:02
Expert's post
I'm wondering the same thing myself, and I'm not sure I agree... but I'll wait till I hear why first...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 7

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 01:25
This post received
KUDOS
johnwesley wrote:
There is no doubt IESE is number one in Spain. And also in Europe as a generalist MBA (very similar to Harvard). IESE disputes first place in Europe - despite what rankings may say - mainly with LBS (more focused on Finance in general), having INSEAD in 3rd place.
My ranking for Spain would be IESE nº1 (no doubt at all) by quality of professors, quality of students, job offers, salary, history, etc; second would be ESADE (no doubt about this second position); and third (or fifth) would be IE.

I saw you dug out at least three threads that have been dead for a year or more to promote IESE... assuming that you are a student there, it would be great to get some facts to support your statement (I would contest that IESE matches LBS/INSEAD).

I recently talked to an ESADE student who put his school on the same level as IESE, but said ESADE has a more international outlook compared to spanish-catholic coloured IESE. He didn't have a clear opinion about IE though.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 6

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 18:26
This is what FifthEmu says somewhere else: a definitive statement to me.

Quote:
To support that IESE has an advantage over ESADE/IE:
If you check the recruiting websites of McKinsey/Bain/BCG you'll realize that all of them have information about how they recruit from IESE, i.e. it is clearly a target school. For ESADE and IE they don't have this.
Sure, not very scientific, but gives an idea where they see a bigger chance of meeting many good candidates.

Does this post deserve KUDOS?

Free Prep: Self-prepare GMAT for free and GMAT Math tips for free
Free Flashcards: Free GMAT Flashcards

More: "All I wish someone had told me about GMAT beforehand"
There are many things you want to know before doing the GMAT exam (how is exam day, what to expect, how to think, to do's...), and you have them in this blog, in a simple way

Re: ESADE vs IE vs IESE   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2013, 18:26