Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ESADE vs McGill vs Next Year - Help me decide

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

What should I do

• 50% [2]
  • 25% [1]
  • 25% [1]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

ESADE vs McGill vs Next Year - Help me decide [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 04:07
I have admission offer from both these colleges, the fee structure is almost the same. I have 5 yrs of experience in analytics in an Indian company (Non IT). I want to go for a program which would help me get into a strong analytics based management consultancy role.

Please let me know which program should I join or should I try for a higher GMAT score (Present score: 700) and aim for programs like CMU Tepper next year.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: ESADE vs McGill vs Next Year - Help me decide [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 22:29
agclub wrote:
I have admission offer from both these colleges, the fee structure is almost the same. I have 5 yrs of experience in analytics in an Indian company (Non IT). I want to go for a program which would help me get into a strong analytics based management consultancy role.

Please let me know which program should I join or should I try for a higher GMAT score (Present score: 700) and aim for programs like CMU Tepper next year.

Hi agclub!

I think both ESADE and McGill are great schools and are on par if not better than CMU. Out of the 3, McGill has the strongest brand name, however ESADE might be considered better in terms of business education. I personally would not consider ESADE due to spain's messed up economic situation, which in my opinion translates to bleack job prospects with the country's 27% unemplyment rate. Furthermore, i would'nt want to learn management from a country that can't manage itself. However i'm sure ESADE opens many doors outside of spain and especially in europe. That's my personal opinion to which you might not agree, keep in mind that i'm biased as i am a mcgill alumni :)

I think it really comes down to where you want to work post MBA. If you want to work in europe then by all means go to ESADE. If it's north america that you're looking for then McGill is a better option. Your GMAT is good enough for any school. It's not worth giving up on ESADE's and McGill's offers unless you hope to get into a harvard/INSEAD type of school next year.

Hope this helps and good luck wih your decision! It's not an easy one.
Re: ESADE vs McGill vs Next Year - Help me decide   [#permalink] 11 May 2013, 22:29