Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 05:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Essay advice [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2008, 09:28
Hi everyone

I was hoping for some advice on essay strategy for my leadership essay. I am a consultant with a small company and have had multiple leadership opportunities towards internal company initiatives as well as on client projects.

In my career goals essay I allude to having enjoyed my internal leadership experiences, in some ways more than my client projects.

Based on this, for a leadership essay, which experience would be better to highlight? A client project leadership or an internal initiative? Does it matter? I think the decision eventually needs to be made on my impact to the organization as well as what I learned about leadership. But does what I say in my career goals essay affect which leadership experience I choose? Either way - some of these examples would make it to my recommendations too, I am hoping.

Thank you.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Essay advice [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2008, 09:41
My advice is that you should go with the one that corroborates and blends with the theme of your essays package.

. . . at least that's what the Princeton Review Guide says.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Essay advice [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 09:39
Thanks kidderek - you confirmed what I was thinking, even though I was leaning towards writing about a client project because somehow it felt like a better impact story because it was a large project. Nevermind - it is on my resume and will most likely be corroborated by my recommenders.
Re: Essay advice   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2008, 09:39