Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 12:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay evaluations by Stanford GSB admit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Essay evaluations by Stanford GSB admit [#permalink] New post 22 May 2010, 12:41
Hello! I am crawling out of the woodwork as it might be good fun to provide essay evaluations.

My background is in finance but I have written and edited publications as well as taught English and pedagogy -- and I miss all that. I will be attending Stanford GSB this fall.

Presently, I have time for 2 applicants over a period of 2 months (June-July). There will be 5 rounds that really just revolve around good, honest writing:
    1) Discover your story (by being self-aware and self-conscious)
    2) Structure your story
    3) Tell your story
    4) Tell it well
    5) Proofread

An equitable rate, I think, will be US$1,000 for the first school. I can help with 2 rounds of resume evaluation for US$200 but do not intend to offer any comprehensive consultation (e.g., school selection, interview prep). You can get much of this information from books and websites at minimal cost.

To ensure the best fit, please note that:
    - Critique will be candid and you will need to be receptive to it.
    - I can only steer you in the proper direction and will not write for you.
    - I will not provide any GSB referrals or recommendations.

If you are interested, please send me an email (buttercoal at gmail) and briefly share with me the following:
    - Why MBA?
    - 3 leadership experiences
    - GPA, GMAT, age
    - Schools to which you intend to apply

Thanks for reading!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Essay evaluations by Stanford GSB admit   [#permalink] 22 May 2010, 12:41