Hello! I am crawling out of the woodwork as it might be good fun to provide essay evaluations.
My background is in finance but I have written and edited publications as well as taught English and pedagogy -- and I miss all that. I will be attending Stanford GSB this fall.
Presently, I have time for 2 applicants over a period of 2 months (June-July). There will be 5 rounds that really just revolve around good, honest writing:
1) Discover your story (by being self-aware and self-conscious)
2) Structure your story
3) Tell your story
4) Tell it well
An equitable rate, I think, will be US$1,000 for the first school. I can help with 2 rounds of resume evaluation for US$200 but do not intend to offer any comprehensive consultation (e.g., school selection, interview prep). You can get much of this information from books and websites at minimal cost.
To ensure the best fit, please note that:
- Critique will be candid and you will need to be receptive to it.
- I can only steer you in the proper direction and will not write for you.
- I will not provide any GSB referrals or recommendations.
If you are interested, please send me an email (buttercoal at gmail) and briefly share with me the following:
- Why MBA?
- 3 leadership experiences
- GPA, GMAT, age
- Schools to which you intend to apply
Thanks for reading!