Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2008, 22:59
Hello,

I have searched the forum and could not find a topic with this question.:
What do you expect to be the greatest challenges associated with taking part in this program? How do you plan to deal with those challenges?
I do not know why I am having such a hard time with it, there are so many.
Can anyone give any suggestions or point me towards a thread?
Thank you
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 10

Re: Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2008, 02:45
it's basically a - what are your weaknesses? type question except you need to apply it in the context of the program and school you are applying to.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2008, 02:53
If you are married and have kids, one way to answer it is addressing the challengo of balancing family life and MBA workload, and you could point out any of the school's features that will help you overcome the challenge (such as SO associations, etc.)

If you are a career switcher, with a Kebab chain operator background and wanting to become a currency trader, you may want to point out how you will work on imprving your skill set to become marketable in your new career...

Basically, besides the weakness discussion Toga pointed out, you can also use that essay to point out your fit, and use it as another opportunity to give love hints to the school.

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2008, 17:30
Thanks for the input!
Very much appreciated
Re: Essay Question: Challenges while taking the program   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2008, 17:30