Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay Reviews from current MBA students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8174 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 20:19
Expert's post
Can you please post the official expiration time?
Thanks!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 22:26
Great response so far. We have been overwhelmed by the response and therefore, we have already started working on a long-term proposal for same/similar services in order to raise money for various charitable organisations and we would really appreciate further contribution to strengthen our cause, efforts.

EXPIRATION TIME for current offer:
Aug 31, 2011 - 3 PM EST

Thank you for all your contribution. I must also mention that we care a great deal about the awareness aspect of our services and we are doing incredibly well so far.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8174 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 22:35
Expert's post
Great initiative. Thank you. I have put you guys in the announcement section on the site.

GMAT Club has also made a humble donation. Congratulations on making the target!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 00:44
We need more people like you guys...this is a commendable job...thanks

rknross wrote:
Great response so far. We have been overwhelmed by the response and therefore, we have already started working on a long-term proposal for same/similar services in order to raise money for various charitable organisations and we would really appreciate further contribution to strengthen our cause, efforts.

EXPIRATION TIME for current offer:
Aug 31, 2011 - 3 PM EST

Thank you for all your contribution. I must also mention that we care a great deal about the awareness aspect of our services and we are doing incredibly well so far.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.53
WE: Other (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 01:50
Just wonder if it's ok to send you essays/resume like a month later?
Current Student

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 03:05
jakitt wrote:

Sure. But you will have to pay now. More than 60% of the contributors will send us the essays later.
Current Student

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 03:32
bb wrote:
Great initiative. Thank you. I have put you guys in the announcement section on the site.

GMAT Club has also made a humble donation. Congratulations on making the target!

Great thanks GMAT Club.

You are one of the most collaborative club that I have come across so far (do not go by my statistics because somehow I lost access to my original account). This says so much about the MBA experience. We are into third day of our MBA journey and already overwhelmed to find a large number of people willing to step-up and contribute for a greater cause.

I must share with the club that we started of as a team of 4-5 guys working on our first communication on this idea at 10 PM on 8/29. In less than 15 hours there were around 20 in a room working on different aspects of the project along with many who committed as a reviewer.

We are so glad that we have created a greater awareness which is valued far beyond the amount that we have generated so far. We would love to continue our efforts in the future and will be glad to receive feedbacks from the larger community.

Thank you for all the contributions.

Rohit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 06:08
Awesome idea and very cheap price. I'm donating now and will send two essays and a resume shortly. Very smart way to raise funds. I hope the response from the GC community has been what you needed to raise your target funds.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.53
WE: Other (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 07:27
rknross wrote:
jakitt wrote:

Sure. But you will have to pay now. More than 60% of the contributors will send us the essays later.

Already made the donation though, before my previous post. Thank you for creating such a great project. This is such a great idea! It will be a hard work but you guys are willing to sacrifice your valuable time for the foundation. A big applause for you all!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
GPA: 3.27
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 09:02
I'm in. would love to help spread this initiative to other schools next year, assuming I get into one!
Intern
Intern

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 09:16
I saw themangoman's post was removed for some reason but he indicated that he hadn't heard back after 7 hours of submitting his essays for review. Just wanted to make sure someone can verify that they have used the essay review services and actually received feedback. Sorry for the skepticism but I, like Pkit, am a former auditor and have learned to trust no one, haha. Can anyone confirm that they are actually performing said reviews in a timely manner?
Current Student
Schools: Ross R2-- Admitted
WE 1: IT Consulting

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 11:20
We would like to thank you all for the amazing response. Your donations have served a great cause and provided us with valuable feedback to take this cause forward. We would really appreciate feedback from the community on how we can make this service better.

In less than 40 hours we were able to raise more than $800 in donations from 28 applicants/donors. Special thanks to gmatclub for allowing us to use this forum and donating to our cause.

For people who have donated and are still waiting for review, we will reach out to you shortly. If you have any further questions please contact Ryan at rfukushi@umich.edu

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 12:17
Yea I can confirm...I do not know why my post was deleted..but I have received the feedback and I liked the service...Is there an option to resend the essays after incorporating the reviewers' feedback?

yellosno wrote:
I saw themangoman's post was removed for some reason but he indicated that he hadn't heard back after 7 hours of submitting his essays for review. Just wanted to make sure someone can verify that they have used the essay review services and actually received feedback. Sorry for the skepticism but I, like Pkit, am a former auditor and have learned to trust no one, haha. Can anyone confirm that they are actually performing said reviews in a timely manner?
Intern
Intern

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 15:32
Wow. I feel bad about doubting the genuineness of the program and effectiveness of UMich student essay reviewers. I submitted two essays and a resume at 3:15pm and at 5:05pm I received the reviewer comments. Not only were they clearly paying attention while reeading my documents but the comments were extremely helpful in pointing out things I never considered. Great job! I too would be interested in helping expand this program beyond its infancy if those at Ross decide to proceed.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2011, 15:32