Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Essay Reviews from current MBA students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross R2-- Admitted
WE 1: IT Consulting
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 19:36
This post received
KUDOS
Hello GMAT Club,

!!!! THE DEADLINE FOR THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED. WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING ANY NEW ESSAYS FOR REVIEW. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

UmichEssayServices provides a fresh, thoughtful, and quick review (within 8 hours) of your MBA application essays/resumes in exchange for a donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Our goal is to help make your MBA wishes come true, in return for your help in fulfilling the wishes of a child with a life threatening medical condition.

We are a group of 85 first year MBA students at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business competing in a case competition involving the Make A Wish Foundation. Our challenge is to create value for the Make-a-Wish foundation of Michigan and our solution is to offer essay/resume review services, 1 essay/resume for $10 or 3 essays/resumes for $25. This is a pilot offer and is only valid at this rate for the next 48 hours.
[Note: If your essays/resumes are not ready for review, you can still take advantage of this amazing offer by donating to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and we will review your essay/resume when you send it to us.]

!!!! THE DEADLINE FOR THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED. WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING ANY NEW ESSAYS FOR REVIEW. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

This is how it works:
Step 1: Visit the website {link has been removed}, fill in your name and make a donation. (1 for $10, 3 for $25)
Step 2: Email us (UmichEssayServices@gmail.com) with your email receipt from Make-A-Wish Foundation and your essay(s)/resume(s). To better serve you, please include your professional and academic background.
Step 3: We send you a confirmation and start the review process.
Step 4: We return your critiqued essays within 8 hours.

Our review is a high-level overview of the following:
1) Overall impression and thoughts
2) Essay structure
3) Content-related feedback

For any questions email us at UmichEssayServices@gmail.com
Good luck with your application process and we hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by brightideas on 30 Aug 2011, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross School of Business 2013
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 20:19
Hey GMAT clubbers, we could really use your help here. We're offering a great service at a great price for the next 48 hours.

Its for a great cause, so if you have any early versions of your essay ready please give it a shot!
Ross Thread Master
Schools: Ross, Class of 2013
WE 1: Industrial Operations - 3 years
WE 2: B2B Sales & Marketing - 3 years
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 20:21
Hi people,

We really are proud to be delivering these services to you and we would be totally glad if you could help with this.
Shoot us with yours essays so we can help your dreams come true.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 04:49
Awesome idea guys - keep it up!

A lot more affordable than my options last year... ;)
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 05:08
I would like to add that I have been in the shoes of an applicant recently and I would have loved to get a stranger's or a third person perspective on my essays. I did get help from my friends but they came back saying that they knew me well enough to not provide a meaningful information. I think this is a great idea and we can definitely take advantage of it and help it move forward beyond the 48 hours.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 09:09
fantastic work! I am using it :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Premium Member
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 09:57
Great idea... you guys really are ahead of me... as an applicant this year to CBS (Tuck pending outcome)... I was thinking of doing something similar next year. Goodluck raising funds and I look forward to seeing the outcome.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPA: 3.77
Followers: 162

Kudos [?]: 551 [0], given: 544

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:11
Hi
Sorry for my skepticism but how could you prove that you are from Ross? Any @ross.edu email?

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Manager
Manager

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:18
Pkit wrote:
Hi
Sorry for my skepticism but how could you prove that you are from Ross? Any @ross.edu email?

No problem, I'm in the room with a bunch of the other students and we're trying to figure out the best way to prove that we are students without giving out our personal email addresses.

Give us 15 minutes, we've got a plan!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:21
thashadow wrote:
Pkit wrote:
Hi

No problem, I'm in the room with a bunch of the other students and we're trying to figure out the best way to prove that we are students without giving out our personal email addresses.

No worries I am just o forum moderator and skeptical a bit. I can help you to prove that , give me a personal mail. I know a fisrt year current student from Ross

Audaces fortuna juvat!

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:30
This post received
KUDOS
Pkit wrote:
thashadow wrote:
Pkit wrote:
Hi

No worries I am just o forum moderator and skeptical a bit. I can help you to prove that , give me a personal mail. I know a fisrt year current student from Ross

Photo attached of who we are.
Attachments

File comment: Here we are
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 524.09 KiB | Viewed 10649 times ]

Manager
Manager

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:33
Another shot of us
Attachments

File comment: with photo IDS!
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG [ 382 KiB | Viewed 10621 times ]

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 10:55
Sorry for skepticism guys, but I am as a former auditor and current moderator must be cautious :)

Guys I have been contacted by one of the students and the person provided me with his/her e-mail.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 11:11
Dude - this is awesome :) I'm so happy that you guys have the insight to do this kind of AMAZING service!

Go BLUE Go!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 11:13
The message says 48 hours. When do the 48 hours expire?? Thanks for the service!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 11:13
By the way - I think Ross School of Business at University of Michigan is probably the BEST business school for primarily ONE REASON - the people. People make companies go round. People make the world go round. I think UMICH is the best business school in the WORLD.

Love the team comraderie - I'm so happy to see this!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 11:34
I have made a donation too. :)

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 11:36
The offer expires at 2 pm EST tomorrow (08/31).

Posted from my mobile device Image
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 268 [0], given: 86

Reviews Badge
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 15:32
Great idea section 2!

For prospective applicants: This is a great cause and a fun challenge offered to the 6 incoming sections of FT MBA students at Ross this year. Each section is trying to raise as much money as possible, so please take these talented MBA's up on their offer and donate to a great cause.

(Full Disclosure - I'm in a competing section and won't benefit from your donations)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 19:45
Awesome Idea! I made my donation.
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2011, 19:45