Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreement?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreement? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 02:42
I ask this because I had a very awkward experience as a freshman employee that resulted in some serious damage control. I don't even know if my company would want me to be discussing such sensitive issues with the adcoms.. Does anybody know if there is an adcom-applicant confidentiality agreement that exists?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1551 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreem [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 04:14
GMATT73 wrote:
I ask this because I had a very awkward experience as a freshman employee that resulted in some serious damage control. I don't even know if my company would want me to be discussing such sensitive issues with the adcoms.. Does anybody know if there is an adcom-applicant confidentiality agreement that exists?

:shock: :agrue:

What in the world happened? LOL

Is it something you have to talk about?

I dont think it's in writing, but I wouldn't worry about your essay "leaking into the wild" and everyone finding out that after you took that job and slept with the boss, your father came home and told you that he'd been seeing another woman named Mindy twenty years ago, and that you are in fact Mindy's son, but they never told you because your other mom wanted ot raise you like her own. And then you realize: Mindy is your current boss. :lol:

I have no idea what you did, but unless you are writing to tell them about the cocaine smuglin operation you run back home, I wouldn't worry about it becoming public knowledge.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreem [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 04:22
rhyme wrote:

unless you are writing to tell them about the cocaine smuglin operation you run back home

Pity. Cause that would require one hell of leadership skills :lol:

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreem [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 05:37
rhyme wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

I dont think it's in writing, but I wouldn't worry about your essay "leaking into the wild" and everyone finding out that after you took that job and slept with the boss, your father came home and told you that he'd been seeing another woman named Mindy twenty years ago, and that you are in fact Mindy's son, but they never told you because your other mom wanted ot raise you like her own. And then you realize: Mindy is your current boss. :lol:

I have no idea what you did, but unless you are writing to tell them about the cocaine smuglin operation you run back home, I wouldn't worry about it becoming public knowledge.

Nope, it was more along the lines of embezzlement... Of course, I wasn't directly involved, but knew about the malfeasance at one time. It was eventually uncovered, and we were all thoroughly investigated. A tremendous amount of resources were poured into preventing the incident from making press coverage.

As long as it stays within the adcom gossip circle, it sure makes for an interesting essay.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1551 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Ethical dilemma essay query:adcom confidentiality agreem [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 06:25
GMATT73 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

Nope, it was more along the lines of embezzlement... Of course, I wasn't directly involved, but knew about the malfeasance at one time. It was eventually uncovered, and we were all thoroughly investigated. A tremendous amount of resources were poured into preventing the incident from making press coverage.

As long as it stays within the adcom gossip circle, it sure makes for an interesting essay.

Fair enough, but be warned, this is a drastically risky essay.

Here's why. If you knew about the malfeasance and did not immediately report it to the authorities, your ethics will be called into question. I don't know the story, but I would strongly urge you to reconsider unless this story involves your sitting down with the FBI within 24-hours of your discovery.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2006, 07:52
That was my first thought as well...unless there's more to this it doesn't really make you look very good.
  [#permalink] 22 Dec 2006, 07:52