Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 01:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ETS killed me...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
ETS killed me... [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 02:44
I'm totally screwed up by ETS...would you guys give me some suggestions?

I'm an international applicant, but currently living in California. I'm almost ready for application.
I took Toefl on August 26. ETS would have reported my score to me already. But there were some problems during the payment process.
When I registered for Toefl iBT, their system was down, so that I could not register by credit card. I just went ahead and paid by electronic check.
On Sep.9, (After I took Toefl for more than 2 weeks), I received a notification that ETS couldn't charge me (I don't know the reason. I surely had enough money in the bank), so they were going to hold my score. I called ETS, and they ordered me to send a personal check. I've sent a checks right on Sep.11 and awaited. I called ETS again and again
every week, and they told me to keep waiting.
One month later, on Oct.11, when I called them again, they told me to send the check again. Oh my God....I asked if there is any possible solutions, and they kept telling me to wait, or to send checks again.
I've already sent 2 checks at the same time to 2 different address of ETS, (one using overnight shipping) on Oct.13, but don't know what will happend next...
I gave up on Yale already, because of this problem...And if ETS keep processing everything slowly like this, I'm gonna miss all the round 1 of my
target schools.
Would you guys please give me some ideas...I really don't know what to do now...I've called ETS to beg them let me pay by credit card or whatever faster, and heard"sorry sir, but you have to wait or send check " repeatedly.
Thank you very much.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 248

Kudos [?]: 1516 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 10:17
I'd keep calling back and explaining the problem until someone listens. Mail them one more check, fedex it and track it. When it arrives, call them and tell them its been delivered and they can confirm it with teh tracking number. When the person confirms it has arrived, tell them to release your scores because she now has confirmation of your check being delivered and you can no longer afford to wait. When she says she can't for some reason, go through the whole story with her if you have to. Repeat this until someone finally gets you a manager.

I did this with two business class tickets I had on Lufthansa, and althuogh it took probably a good 4 weeks and at least 30 hours on the phone, I managed to get them to refund $5,000 worth of non refundable tickets.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Thank you... [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 14:17
Thank you rhyme...I really appreciate it..
I will do as your advice.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 248

Kudos [?]: 1516 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Thank you... [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 15:06
darren1010 wrote:
Thank you rhyme...I really appreciate it..
I will do as your advice.

Also, dont be afraid to call the schools and tell them about your problem.
Keep it short, keep it sweet, and ask them if there's anything they might be able to suggest. Possibly they'd agree to review your app without the TOEFL, depending on your GMAT score? I'm not sure, but it cant hurt to call and ask.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 15:07
Call the schools and explain the situation and then fax them the unofficial score report. Most schools will grant you provisional admission if you are accepted.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 22:05
Thanks again, rhyme and saturnring11, for your advices. I've already emailed the school.
I hope everything will be okie...
Wish you guys lucky with the apps, (and so do I)...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 22:19
That sucks.
ETS is such a lousy company last Saturday I supposed to take the IBT but the test has been cancelled because the system is down.
This is the 3rd time for me face such a problem with ETS….
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2006, 00:17
where were you trying to take the test? if I remember correctly, ETS actually outsources the test administrations.

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

[#permalink] 18 Oct 2006, 00:17