Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 23:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Europe MBA Discussion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 05:34
Hi,
I am a B-Tech Graduate .currently working in Atos Origin India.I want to do a Cost effective MBA. As i have to pay my tution fees with a loan.
I want to work in IT industry in INDIA after completing MBA,but will definatly want to work for minimum 1.5 year in the place of completing MBA.
As europe is bit cheaper place to do a MBA .I am looking forward for doing an MBA in Europe.
Plase guide me .Your sugestion is Valuable to me.I am new to these things.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE Business School

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 02:16
JohnLewis1980 wrote:
Yes, agree

however, here in Spain IE is the first option for a lot of people...

regading IESE, I'd never apply there, but I have to say that the chances post-MBA are amazing. THe reason is that the chances usually come from companies whose CEOs are close to that relogious movement...

Definitely, it's not my business...

Cheers

As far as I know IESE and IE are very different schools, hence comparison of two should not be emotional but rationale and would depend on individual's own priorities from an MBA! Also the criticism of IESE on it's association to a religious movement is the most illogical argument, I had ever heard! It's something like a thirsty man telling me that he will not drink water from my cup for I am from a different religion. Funnily enough that makes me wonder who is more religiously conscious in this case! All I can say that such comments whenever I have heard just gives me an impression of a clouded mind!
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE Business School

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 02:28
KillerGod wrote:
Hi,
I am a B-Tech Graduate .currently working in Atos Origin India.I want to do a Cost effective MBA. As i have to pay my tution fees with a loan.
I want to work in IT industry in INDIA after completing MBA,but will definatly want to work for minimum 1.5 year in the place of completing MBA.
As europe is bit cheaper place to do a MBA .I am looking forward for doing an MBA in Europe.
Plase guide me .Your sugestion is Valuable to me.I am new to these things.

Well here is what I can tell you on your journey to finding a right place to do an MBA based on my own experiences! Europe can prove to be as costly as US or any other option you would be thinking of doing an MBA! Also I would not suggest you to think of going for an MBA based on such an assumption!

Being from India, we both know Indian MBA is far way cheaper than any other region's MBA. Also your post MBA goal is to work in IT industry in India! The question then you must be asking yourself why in first place you want to look at options outside India! And when you compare such options in Europe, you should ask yourself which colleges of India/US you are using as benchmark to make your judgement! Just 1.5 years in the place from where you do MBA sounds more like that your short term goal trying to over ride your long term plans! Introspect more on reasons of doing an MBA and you will have your answers! All the best in your journey!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 19:40
Hi frds..I seriously need help from you.. :!:

I'm from INDIA..

I have 2yrs of work exp and my avg GPA is below avg in my under graduation...and now,i'm preparing for Gmat..
But recently my frds suggested me to go france and do Msc in management in SKEMA BSCHOOL..Acually i was planning for USA and little bit worried about cost :(

If I take Gmat,probably i will get something btw 600-700...But for SKEMA univ GMAT is not required...

Keeping in mind that my profile is very ordinary and cost is the real factor...is US mba is going to be a right option for me????? :?: or france(skema)??

And wat bout SKEMA???
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 01:13
What are your opinions on MBA programs in Scandinavia? I have over 6 years professional experience so I am open minded to EMBA or MBA. I would prefer EMBA as I don't want to take a year off from work. But why I don't see any posts here on SSE? It is a leading business school in Scandinavia and well known in Europe. Your thoughts?
Intern
Intern

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 22:39
What is the major difference between an MBA and an MSM? I am considering going to grad school and was looking into MBA programs. However I can across the MSM program and that sounds like it might be interesting. What is really the difference? Does an MSM hold the same weight as an MBA when looking for a job? I am not interesting in continuing on to my PhD.

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 14:15
Hi Guys,
I have got final MBA call for MBA from Leeds University Business School. I am from India, so dnt know much abt its repu in UK.
Please suggest me hw is its repu in UK and in front of recruiters in UK. As it is at 93rd position in FT rankings in 2011, so bit confused whether I should join it. Also, job scenarios post MBA in UK does nt look much good.

Guys, please suggest me whether I should go for it or should wait for one more year to get better college.
My profile:
Education-B.Tech and M.Tech with distinction from a very reputed engg college in India.
Work exp- 3 yr in IT sector.
GMAT-620

I need kind suggestions from experts. Thanks in advance.
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 15:31
COEP wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have got final MBA call for MBA from Leeds University Business School. I am from India, so dnt know much abt its repu in UK.
Please suggest me hw is its repu in UK and in front of recruiters in UK. As it is at 93rd position in FT rankings in 2011, so bit confused whether I should join it. Also, job scenarios post MBA in UK does nt look much good.

Guys, please suggest me whether I should go for it or should wait for one more year to get better college.
My profile:
Education-B.Tech and M.Tech with distinction from a very reputed engg college in India.
GMAT-620

Hi, Leeds is a relatively good uni here in the UK, but I feel as though a little extra work experience and a slightly improved GMAT could get you into a much better ranked course.

A couple of things I noticed from looking around on the Leeds website.

Cost - This is quite a cheap course, bear in mind that if you do get into a better course even in the EU you will pay substantially more. Manchester (FT rank 29) is in excess of £35,000 and this may not be a cost you want to bear at this time.

Class size - With a class size of 40 - 50 this is a tiny,tiny program. The networking possibilities may be limited with such a small group.

Average age - 29. This is quite an old class which suggests to me that it will be made up primarily of people from the local area looking to further their careers without spending a whole lot of money (this is just a guess so take it with a pinch of salt, but it seems to be that type of program). Also, your work experience suggests that you would be young for the class which may make the social experience different.

To be honest if you are asking whether you should wait an extra year or not then it seems to me that you haven't got a solid answer to the why now? question that is an integral part of your application. I think you should take stock and really try to answer that question in your own mind. If you decide that it's an absolute must to do an MBA this year then take the Leeds offer. If you find it difficult to answer and you can't come up with a really strong answer then it seems that you wont lose anything by waiting and re-applying. If you did choose to re-apply then you could take on some extra curricular activities and leadership positions and really put forward a great application next year and work your way right up the rankings.

Sorry if that seems like no answer. Just some things to think about.
Intern
Intern

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 10:38
COEP wrote:
Hi Guys,

My profile:
GMAT-620

If you are choosing UK , than be aware of the new post education working visa policies.
Best of luck for your future, have a prosperous future.
Intern
Intern

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 23:05
One my friends was looking for one-year MBA and I am not sure which college would be good to recommend him. So any recommendation would be helpful.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 560 [0], given: 30

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 23:02
Expert's post
Marry09 wrote:
One my friends was looking for one-year MBA and I am not sure which college would be good to recommend him. So any recommendation would be helpful.

Well almost all the European MBA programs outside of LBS are one-year programs. So he has the pick of the lot.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 02 May 2014, 00:50
Hi I missed this thread and started one more called Europe MBA Sep 2014. However, i think this thread will help me answer my questions.

I am a finance professional from India ( Qualified Accountant).

I started as an Articled Assistant to Auditor to Finance Manager to CFO.

I am currently a CFO in East Africa for a singapore based MNC.

My GMAT is 620 and AWA is 4.0

Post MBA plans - Move to Consulting or Move to FMCG.

I plan to apply to an European MBA program. Need help to understand if the below colleges are good in terms of

1. placement record.
2. Post MBA, getting an employer who will sponsor work visa.

1. HEC Paris - Applied
2. Oxford MBA - To apply
3. Cranfield MBA
4. Cass MBA

Can You suggest any other colleges for my profile.

Thanks a lot in Advance.
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 0

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 07:56
Expert's post
Have you considered Warwick? Just another thought to look into.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33

Re: Europe MBA Discussion [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 12:35
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Have you considered Warwick? Just another thought to look into.

Hi

I looked at warwick but their minimum GMAT requirement is 650 while I stand at 620 :(

Sesha
Re: Europe MBA Discussion   [#permalink] 12 May 2014, 12:35