Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluate my profile - 590 GMAT - Cass & Imperial in London?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Evaluate my profile - 590 GMAT - Cass & Imperial in London? [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2008, 14:20
Hello all,

Please evaluate my profile if possible.

I am a hispanic female, 26, and my fiance will be taking a two year job position with his company in london starting in nov 08. I plan to join him later in 2009 and go to school for my mba there as opposed to taking 2 years FT, or 3 PT and completing it in the states.

I took the gmat twice - 590 first time, 530 second time - yes it went down! :(

I graduated with a BBA in Finance and Information Systems, minor in Marketing with a 3.6/4.0 GPA from a top US university. and have 5 years of Banking/Finance experience with Bank of America and a BBVA owned US bank - all in commercial lending, and on the credit risk side of banking (ie. underwriting, credit risk analysis).

I'm also fluent in spanish and english.

I know the avg gmat for Cass and Imperial is in the 640 range, but do you think my University background coupled with my work experience will be enough to overlook my 590?

Thank you all!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Evaluate my profile - 590 GMAT - Cass & Imperial in London? [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2008, 15:03
Expert's post
ambition6,

If you were applying to U.S. B-schools where 640 is the average GMAT score then I would say that you have a good chance, primarily because as a Hispanic woman you are from a sought-after applicant pool in the U.S. "Underrepresented minorities" may not have quite the same special status in Europe, but I have to believe that Hispanic females are not a common applicant type at Cass and Imperial and that therefore they will cut you some slack for your GMAT. Since your 590 is not too far from their 640, I do think you have a decent chance at these schools. But make sure you execute well in your application.

Good luck,

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog