Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluate my profile if you plz

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 39

Evaluate my profile if you plz [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2006, 05:05
Dears,

I would highly appreciate if you can advice me on my following profile.

asses my weaknesses and strenghtes and asses my chioice of schools and highlight my chances there.

My list of schools in order:

1) London Business School
2) Warwick Business Scool
3) Emperial Tanaka Business School
4)Vlerick Leuven Business School " Belgium)

I am Egyptian ( Africa) white male ,32 years old , Graduated from one of the best public universities in Egypt with 2.3 GPA( satisfactory). my major is in accounting this is because i used to play Karate in the Egyptian national team and as a trainer in one of the biggest Egyptian clubs and moreover i used to work a part time job in the same time.

My work experience is 8 + working in the field of sales and marketing

Starting from a local number one commercial bank in Egypt and the first petrochemical factory in egypt

to number one insurance company in the world for three years , i recieved more than two or three awards of top producing sales person and after being promoted for 3 times in the three years got the best team manager award.

Then I moved and switched directions to the Hotel industry where i became the corporate director of sales of the number one hotel brand in the world here in Egypt.

Unfortunately the structural change that this hotel was undergoing and thats why they originally hired me , didnt match wuth my sudden outbreack of an old back injury ( sincei was playing Karate) that forced me to do an operation and being away from work at least for three months . so i had to resigne from this job.

Once i am back from my surgery 3 months after i left my job , i was hired as head of business development team in one of the very unique and the first geomarketing companyin Egypt and i am currently there.

i am a member of the young business men Egyptian committee where we offer to all the industrial ,service and commercial segments help by raising different issues about business atmosphere and dfifferent stratigic issues to the top decision makers in the egyptian Gov . to the top.

I believe i can get a Gmat score of 650 to 700

what are my chances and what do u recommend plz?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 48

[#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2006, 07:47
Expert's post
I love your background in karate... Be sure to emphasize this in your applicatoin -- both what you have accomplished and WHY you are passionate about it.

But a challenge for you will be showing a clear career progression. To be frank, it sounds like you have bounced around from job to job. While job changing by itself isn't bad in adcomms' eyes, moving around without making real progress is. So, be sure to emphasize specific examples of achievements on the job, to show how you made a real impact at each job.

Also, be clear on why you want an MBA, and why you want it now. 32 isn't too old to get an MBA, but it's older than average, so adcomms will look closely for your reasons for wanting an MBA now.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews