Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Evaluate Profile and Target Score [#permalink]
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hello Experts ,

Hi Hatakekakashi! My comments are below in blue. Thanks for reaching out!
GMAT - Slot Booked and approaching soon. At the earliest i want to start with building a profile and making it look strong. So kindly advise B-schools according to it so i can narrow down my schools.

Ethnicity- Indian
Male , 24 years old
Btech (Mechanical) - 2013 - 69%is this just under first class? I am hoping for you to eek out the bottom of first class?
12th - 2009 -87%
10th (ICSE) - 2007 - 75%

Work Experience - 3 years

I am currently working as a business development executive at a startup and have worked with a government agency to design some training programs for their employees and have worked on a building an android application along with succesful launching of a online platform designed for certain companines. ( working for about 2 years here).
Working alongside here , My father owns an advertising agency in which i play a role too because it is a family business and i need to look after when he is away and have helped create logos for the Government of Telangana. I am from Hyderabad , India and Telangana is the State. So i do not know how to leverage this work because in my own personal opinion I think it is great to have worked on a few government projects and design logos for it. The logo is evident on their websites and posters and all over the city . So i think i can give me some edge but any opinion regarding this will be considered
Prior to this i worked with Google for a year via a third party. I worked here as a business analyst. I think these are some unique angles and there may be a way to show a link to some of the websites so people can see the logo work. Not many Indian applicants have any design/advertising work so that could help you stand out some.

EC

Sports - Swimming, basket ball , kabbadi , table tennis and badmintion , Boxing .
Won the 1st Place in basketball in Sports Fest conducted . Participated in multiple university and state level competitions .
Participated in a national level debate and Adjourned best speaker in a debate at a college level event.
Winner of an Extempore at a national level technical fest
Participated in multiple public speaking events and debates
The president of a Student Body in college for 2 years until the end of gradudation undertaking lot of responsibilities and conducting multiple events
Organiser of the Sports Fest for 3 years along with a team under me and succesfully organised multiple events. Along with Organising as a sports player had to pariticipate thus managing both organising and playing.
I was the anchor for the Annual Day for 2 years and conducted the event in a splendid fashion
Class representative and event organiser for the college Fest for 4 years
Musical instruments learned - Keyboard , Guitar , Violin
Performed in the annual day and formed an own band during the college days and participated in college events.
learnt Classical singing for over 11 years and still learning
An active member of NSS during college and couple with the other activities i had , went on to form events to distribute food , books , clothes to the needy and have taught maths and physics to the needy .

Academic Projects and Achievements

Always in the reckoning of the class - top 5%
Multiple projects in Robotics and designed various prototypes using basic principles of robotics and have done an internship in a PSU regarding steam engines
I have been to multiple industries such as steel pant , iron ore plant and a couple of thermodynamic industries to see the functioning of machines and an automobile industry as well to see the understanding of manufacture of components.
Softwares learned - CAD/CAM , Catia , Solid Works , Pro-E , Ansys (taught during academic rigour ) along with the normal C , C++ , Java , MS office etc.

As seen above most of college extra circulars have been at organizing events and conducting events and always having a team of members under me. So i love to take up such roles and thus have this desire to be a manager . I have learnt a lot during them and would want to leverage that experience gained to become a better manager. My academics are not that great but if an overall profile is desired i have pretty decent academics , active in sports , music and other activities as told above. Is there anything that could be done to further solidify my profile because i cannot change my academics

Future Goals - To become a successful manager use the knowledge i have gained during my life and later on become an entrepreneur or take up the family business and invest money in certain ideas i have as a startup

I am interested to handle multiple members , open to any stream of management be it finance , marketing , operations , general or sports. Looking forward to study in the top b-schools of course in US , Europe , UK and IndiaIt would help to be a little more specific- as saying you are open to "anything" kind of makes it look like you are unfocused- I would target a rotational leadership development program based on what you say here. Look at some companies that you admire for this- J&J?, GM? Try to hone in on a particular industry and then look for solid leadership training programs in that space.

Target schools - ISB , Nanyang , Oxford The 720 or even just a tad higher could make those strong options
Dream schools - Yale , Kellogg

Acc to the profile , the schools i can apply too and any target score needed to achieve the schools i desire
I believe i can get 700-720 . I will try and aim for that as wellTo get to those dream schools and not having first class- I'm not even sure it is possible but I would aim for a GMAT closer to 740 to counter the lower grades.

Any advice will be considered .Thanks

Done with the GMAT today 710 :)

Should i apply in R2 or wait for another year and apply R1
I am 24 years old now and only have 3 years work experience
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Evaluate Profile and Target Score [#permalink]