Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 16:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs) [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 04:27
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. Looking for admissions to B-Schools in USA, Europe, India

GMAT: 720 (Q - 50, V - 38, AWA - 5.5)
Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) from MSRIT, Bangalore (79.3%)
Work Experience: 2 years as of July 2012
  • 0.5 years with an electronics design firm (Mistral Solutions Pvt Ltd)
  • 1.5 years with National Instruments India
Others:
  • Rookie of the year (National Instruments)
  • Community Service with NI India Cares
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs) [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 06:57
prashanthnatraj wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. Looking for admissions to B-Schools in USA, Europe, India

Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) from MSRIT, Bangalore (79.3%)
Others:

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query here.

Your choice for MBA schools is pretty broad, I personally feel you gotta narrow it down to with priorities (region/ one year or two year/ post mba goal etc)

However a few general points

1) GMAT --- Your GMAT is in the range of top schools of all regions, so you GMAT will not be a constraint for you to apply.

2) Indian Engineering Pool - Being a candidate from Indian Engineering Pool, you have challenge to differentiate yourself from other peers from India (with 700+). I do not get much sense as to what you have done during your work.

You gonna really demonstrate some solid work ex because you have only 2 years work ex, and apart from that you have to differentiate yourself. Highlight your leadership experience if any

3) EC -- your ECs really need to speak what you have done ? not just an association, but some concrete contribution especially if in the form of leadership.

About schools , as i mentioned earlier, work and research on your priorities and you can then seek insights from us for the same

Hope this helps

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs) [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 09:27
OasisGC wrote:
prashanthnatraj wrote:
Hi,

Others:

Hello,

Your choice for MBA schools is pretty broad, I personally feel you gotta narrow it down to with priorities (region/ one year or two year/ post mba goal etc)

1) GMAT --- Your GMAT is in the range of top schools of all regions, so you GMAT will not be a constraint for you to apply.

2) Indian Engineering Pool - Being a candidate from Indian Engineering Pool, you have challenge to differentiate yourself from other peers from India (with 700+). I do not get much sense as to what you have done during your work.

You gonna really demonstrate some solid work ex because you have only 2 years work ex, and apart from that you have to differentiate yourself. Highlight your leadership experience if any

3) EC -- your ECs really need to speak what you have done ? not just an association, but some concrete contribution especially if in the form of leadership.

About schools , as i mentioned earlier, work and research on your priorities and you can then seek insights from us for the same

Hope this helps

I'm looking at the top 20 US B-Schools and ISB mostly. I would love INSEAD, but people tell me my work ex is low. I do have some points on leadership and initiative which I'll be highlighting in my essays. Even the community service, it's not just an association, I'm one of the active members driving many others to organize and participate. I think I'm still being vague here, and I'm ready to answer any specifics.
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs) [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 11:05
prashanthnatraj wrote:
OasisGC wrote:
prashanthnatraj wrote:
Hi,

Others:

Hello,

Hope this helps

I'm looking at the top 20 US B-Schools and ISB mostly. I would love INSEAD, but people tell me my work ex is low. I do have some points on leadership and initiative which I'll be highlighting in my essays. Even the community service, it's not just an association, I'm one of the active members driving many others to organize and participate. I think I'm still being vague here, and I'm ready to answer any specifics.

Hello,

Thanks for providing further information.

As far as top 20 US programs are concerned, your GMAT is not a hindrance to apply for the same, so rest depends on how you put forward your application and emerge out as a Unique candidate.

H/S/W could be a stretch considering your profile, but you can surely give it a shot. top 5-10 schools could be a good try, and with schools from 10-20, you would be a competitive candidate

For ISB, the score might be at par with the pool of students (similar to your profile), so again the question comes on how you differentiate yourself and how you share your unique stories with adcom in your essays

Hope this helps

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Evaluate Profile (GMAT 720+5.5, WE 2 yrs)   [#permalink] 31 May 2012, 11:05