1) I will be rounding out my 2 yr stint at a large-cap mezzanine debt investing gig. Prior,
2) GMAT: 730 (50Q/40V)
3) College info: UCLA, cum. GPA of 3.62, Business/Economics Major Class of 2010.
4) Director in my fraternity, UCLA club soccer, various club involvement, currently on the board of a non-profit that reaches 30,000 children per year, volunteer at a social enterprise, brazilian jiu jitsu for 5+ yrs, soccer for 10+ years.
5) No significant certifications.
6) HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, Booth (all FT)
7) R1 / R2 for 2013-2014 season
8) Go into impact investing
*not sure if i'll come off as disingenuous coming from a fully finance work exp, wanting to go into impact investing... esp when compared versus people with exp from the World Bank/IFC, NGOs, prev impact investing funds, etc.
*I am an Asian male and will be 27 at matriculation
You have a competitive profile for your target programs and are applying appropriately. You may also want to consider NYU or Kellogg. Given your board membership for the NFP and your previous volunteering, I don't think your goal will appear disingenuous.
Please let me know if you would like help with your app
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog