Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Evaluation for Masters In Public Relations NYU

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Evaluation for Masters In Public Relations NYU [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 16:33
Hi Paul,

So I just got out the GMAT exam and lo and behold I received a score well below my expectations. My last few diags I received around 74% percentile on quant and 44% on Verbal. Today I walked out with 58% on verbal and a low quant score which led to a 570 on my exam.

I'm terribly bummed and plan on taking it again but I would still like to know what are my chances in getting in NYU's M.S in Public Relations Program.

I particularly took this exam to help overshadow my poor GPA from Baruch College (2.89). During those four years I was in a very difficult stressful situation (along with my family) which has now been taken care of; I plan on addressing this in my academic essay.

I have almost 5 years of managerial and marketing experience at small part time job in which my contributions have definitely helped the company grow. I am sure my supervisor will write a good recommendation for me.

I am also am managing a small website as Editor-in-Chief and Community Manager in which I am responsible for a staff of 7 people. Our website has grown a lot of the past year and I have constant connections between various PR groups in the industry.

TL;DR:
Looking for an evaluation:
School: CUNY Baruch College
Major: Finance
GPA: 2.89 due to a stressful situation I've had over time
GMAT score: 570

School I want to get into: NYU SCPS M.S in Public Relations

The school admissions site says that successful students normally meet the criteria of a 3.0 GPA and 550 GMAT score. What are my chances?

Are there any other schools I should look into that has equal or better caliber based on what I have?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes