Hi Scott and Omari,
Your opinion would be much appreciated. I am applying for admission in 2006 for London Business School and Oxford and the same and a few more for 2007.
GMAT - 710 (48 in Quant and 38 in Verbal) and have not yet received my AWA scores.
I received my undergrad degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering with a First Class (6.5 /10) in 2003 in India. My masters in Human Factors Engineering, in the USA, with a GPA of 3.65/4 in 2005.
I have about a year of internship experience. 6 months in a startup, six months in a medium size company and now work full time at MS as a developer.(Aug 2005 - present)
I initiated a new business and own a major stake in the company, which exports granite stone to the USA and Canada in Dec 2004, while doing my masters in the States.
Extra Curricular and achievements - should be interesting
High School -
1. Was the elected Class Representative in all Grades.
2. Won a couple of State level competitions in Athletics and rifle shooting.
3. Awarded the Nation Scholarship for Merit in 1997.( Scored 90% in both my Board Exams in 10th and 12th Grade)
1. Was a SGT in the Nation Cadet Corp in my Undergrad. grew up in ranks in 3 yrs. Received A grades in both the 'B' and 'C' Certificate exams held by the Indian Army and the Best Cadet Award in Combined Annual Training Camp.
2. Won the Bronze medal in the Inter -Collegiate Judo Championships.
3. Became the elected President of the Student Union for the University in my Senior yr. Increased the sponsorship inflow by about 600% and struck the highest sponsorship deal with PepsiCo Inc, initiated new student clubs and acquired funds and organized the logistics. Organized Inter and intra Collegiate Cultural and Technical Festivals.
4. Awarded the Best Outgoing Student in 2003 by the University.
I am also actively involved in two social activates:
1. Develop the School and provide facilities for students in Villages.
2. Involved in an Organization that organizes sports activities for the young and provide financial assistance to the elderly.
My goal for MBA is to focus on international business and finance. My career goal is to start new business ventures mainly in exports and expand the existing one. My ultimate goal is to hold public office in India and change the lives of people for the better.
My concerns are
1) My age(24)and less than 2 yrs of work experience.
2) Relatively low GPA in Undergrad, even though it was from the top 10 schools in Engineering, in India.