Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:55

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (retired)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 02:35
Hi
Frankly, there are no words to express my gratitude towards the faculty in terrible test prep company (Climb First). I am greatly thankful to the faculties for the inspirational class, and also very motivational too. First day of the class, I wondered, that will I be able to continue, but under the guidance of teachers, I walk out of terrible test prep company (Climb First) in full confidence.
Initially, I was very skeptical about the GMAT exam, the preparation required but after coming to terrible test prep company (Climb First) all my doubts were cleared. They are very approachable too.The management staff really coordinated well with me and kept me informed about my classes and helped me find books of my choice. All in all, it was a wonderful experience indeed.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 21:42
Amazing resources, I'm just new and still finding my way here in the forum. Currently under preparation gmat.
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 01:52
yes its very tough but the thing is that u can clear it if u concepts are clear and u write relewant
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 07:44
Great resources!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2011, 04:52
Do u think reading MGMAT guides and OG 12 are enough to score 700+ in 3 months?
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 05:15
One of my friend is also searching a good tutor to get good score in GMAT Any body has any reference
Pls reply

Regards

Stiangel

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 23:23
Hi guys,

I am newbie to all gmat concept, My profile:-i am Bsc computer science graduates with 2+ years of IT exp. and aiming for MBA in UK and Singapore college.
I am planning to take gmat in january,After seeing reviews on gmatclub for gmat prep. materials
i bought following books but dunno from where to start Please help me:-

Kaplan Premier 2012 edition
Official guides 12 th edition
Kaplan Verbal workbook
Manhattan SC guides
Manhattan word translation

Guys can you suggest me which book to prefer for developing math foundation?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2011, 05:52
thanks this is really useful!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.32
WE: Consulting (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 13:26
Hi! I'm new to posting on GMAT Club (have been browsing and lurking for a few months) and am about to take the GMAT in a few weeks...the advice has been really helpful! My dilemma is that I'm scheduled to take the test on 8/8 for the first time and hope to apply to some top-tier schools for the first round. I'm worried that if I don't get a satisfactory score to be competitive (have been studying since last Winter but only seriously studying 3/hrs a day, 5/hrs weekends for the past few weeks, my highest practice score was 710), with the one-month window before re-taking, I might be down to the last minute and not get a chance to take it again before applications are due. Would you recommend scheduling a second exam before taking the first just for the sake of timing and then cancelling if I do get a good score? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

***Follow my B-school Application Journey: Porquemba on Blogspot ****
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 18:12
Thank you! It is really great stuff!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 04-05-2012

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 20:16
EXCELLENT! +1
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 15:55
Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 22:52
Amazing resource indeed.. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 15:35
Amazing resources!

Joined gmatclub only a few days ago. Still trying to figure out everything. I will try to contribute to the forum in later phase after going through some of the resources and gaining some knowledge about gmat.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 16:43
I've been studying the GMAT off and on for the past year. I'm scoring between 42 and 44 (64-66 percentile) on my recent quant tests and scoring a 34 (69 percentile) on my verbal. I plan on taking the test in 4 weeks. Which score should I be working harder to improve?
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 27

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2011, 22:37
you should improve both Quant(upto 48-50) and verbal to (38-40) for a 700+ score

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Intern
Intern
GPA: 4

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 04:53
Amazing resources. A Big Thanks :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 00:33
gmat stands for?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2011, 14:35
DEAR ALL,

Today I have given Gmat Prep test I, and got Q48 and V17, kindly suggest me books and other stuff to improve my verbal score.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Neel
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised) [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 03:53
Thank you very much for the post it will be very helpful for me.
Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT (revised)   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2011, 03:53