Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 00:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 11:56
PLEASEEE RATE MY ESSAY. IM TAKING TOEFL NEXT WEEK AND I NEED HELP.

Prompt: When students move to a new school, they sometimes face problems. How can schools help these students with their problems? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Coping with a different environment isn’t always an easy thing to do. That’s why emotional problems are most likely to occur. Thus, I believe that every school should do its best to help transfer students cope with there new environment.
Leaving your old school and moving to a new one isn’t always trouble-free, I know that because I’ve been through this a lot in my life. A problem that most commonly occurs is coping with people that have different backgrounds than you. A transfer student might be a subject of bullying because he\she is different. That’s an enough reason for every school to have a councilor that could be specialized in dealing with transfer students. Thus, whenever a student is going through a tough situation, he\she could find someone to talk to.
Since every school has its own rules. Different rules, and code of conduct might be another troublesome situation that a new student in school might be exposed to. So, I think that schools should have a welcoming day to all the new students. In that day everything about the rules of the school should be explained. That way new students will be aware of what’s expected of them through there academic years at there new school.
Another problem that a new student could be going through is nostalgia. It’s a sure thing that a person will miss his/her friends from their old school. A way to solve this problem is by having a lot of activities and clubs that students could join. That way it would be easy on new students to get to know people, and have new friends. By that way they’d get over the fact that they’ve left there old friends, and they will start coping with the new ones.
In conclusion, I would like to say that new students always face problems coping at first to their new school. Coping might take so long to happen, that’s why I think that every school should do its best to help its new students feel welcomed.
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 11:59
PLEASEEE RATE MY ESSAY. IM TAKING TOEFL NEXT WEEK AND I NEED HELP.

Prompt: When students move to a new school, they sometimes face problems. How can schools help these students with their problems? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Coping with a different environment isn’t always an easy thing to do. That’s why emotional problems are most likely to occur. Thus, I believe that every school should do its best to help transfer students cope with there new environment.
Leaving your old school and moving to a new one isn’t always trouble-free, I know that because I’ve been through this a lot in my life. A problem that most commonly occurs is coping with people that have different backgrounds than you. A transfer student might be a subject of bullying because he\she is different. That’s an enough reason for every school to have a councilor that could be specialized in dealing with transfer students. Thus, whenever a student is going through a tough situation, he\she could find someone to talk to.
Since every school has its own rules. Different rules, and code of conduct might be another troublesome situation that a new student in school might be exposed to. So, I think that schools should have a welcoming day to all the new students. In that day everything about the rules of the school should be explained. That way new students will be aware of what’s expected of them through there academic years at there new school.
Another problem that a new student could be going through is nostalgia. It’s a sure thing that a person will miss his/her friends from their old school. A way to solve this problem is by having a lot of activities and clubs that students could join. That way it would be easy on new students to get to know people, and have new friends. By that way they’d get over the fact that they’ve left there old friends, and they will start coping with the new ones.
In conclusion, I would like to say that new students always face problems coping at first to their new school. Coping might take so long to happen, that’s why I think that every school should do its best to help its new students feel welcomed.
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 01:11
Thank you so much (= I'm taking toefl this saturday, hopefully it will go smooth.
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 13:39
thanks guys
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 73

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 18 May 2014, 21:19
Guys, I have heard that Listening Section has questions with more than two answers, and this is not explicitly stated. Is there any kind of sign to understand that this particular question has >2 answers?

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 29 May 2014, 22:45
wow! excellent ..awesome information that you provide..i am also refer this site..msmbainusa
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2014, 07:03
Nice post about TOEFL Preparation. You guys have done the right job, Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2014, 19:21
This is useful topic and I lkied it
Intern
Intern

Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2014, 21:02
Good one
Re: Everything You Need to Prepare for the TOEFL   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2014, 21:02