Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

[TIPS APPRECIATED]: Exactly a week to go for my retake.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '16, AGSM '16
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 22

[TIPS APPRECIATED]: Exactly a week to go for my retake. [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 11:13
Hey guys, I just bought the exam pack 1 and took Prep 3 and got 730(Q50,V38) and I have my exam next Thursday.

Those who have taken the test already and aced it, and those who took it and didn't ace it, what went right, what went wrong?

What suggestions or tips do you have for your fellow brethren?

My Verbal is still a little dicey. I got V38 because I felt I had relatively easy RC sets. Moreover, I was disappointed with Q50. Only 4/37 mistakes and 2 of them in the last 3 questions. And 2/4 were silly errors, one I rushed through and one was a legit trap question.

Moreover, I took the test for 4 hrs and I attempted both AWA and IR too as I would on the real day. I will take Prep 4 on Sunday and then use the last three days for revision, more Verbal practice sets, especially RC. My RC accuracy can be really shaky and it's not a good thing. Any tips/tricks for RC are fully recommended not limited to the common answer traps set in RC answer choices or how to deal with tough science passages.

Also, I'm a retest taker. I took mine on Oct 15th and bombed it badly. For my first test, I used prep1, prep2 without AWA/IR and the difference really showed when I wrote the real test. Moreover, I was under prepared and extremely over confident about it. I also under estimated the brutality of the test if you make mistakes on easier questions.

One last thing, on some CR questions, I can strike out 4 options as they don't feel right but I can't really pin point as to why the remaining choice is correct. Do I try and introspect and spend some time on it or do I just move on as the other 4 are pretty much wrong? I avg about 135 for each CR question as it is.

I exhausted my GMAT Club free Q/V test and I reset the pool. I will take one more Q/V test again on it. I just ran into Veritas Prep Q bank yesterday and I'm primarily using it for Verbal and I feel that the questions are pretty good especially in SC as they have drilled down more questions into understanding the meaning of it rather than pure application of rules.

Also are there any other free CATs I can take which are closer to the real GMAT Verbal? MGMAT seems very hit and miss on their Verbal. I like their Quant though.

Peace,
Thanks.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
[TIPS APPRECIATED]: Exactly a week to go for my retake.   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2013, 11:13