Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Exam is on the 20th of Feb...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 117

GMAT Tests User
Exam is on the 20th of Feb... [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 12:50
Hello,

I need some advice on how to proceed or if I should postpone my exam. My exam is scheduled for the 20th of this month but I am still scoring just above 70% in the quant section. My verbal has always been at around 90%.

The reason I am confused is on the gmatfocus exams it says i will score between 45-50 and on I can do all the OG13 questions (and quant review) without any issue. On my last GMATprep I got a 710 with a 41 verbal and a 46 quant. However, I am very nervous as I still have loads of trouble doing the 700+ questions on the gmatclub forums and also struggle with a good bunch of the Manhattan GMAT advanced quant guide book questions. Although I mostly know the concepts and the solutions make instantly sense to me, I mostly "overlook" one of the cases and will end up picking a B instead of a D in the DS questions for example.

Should I postpone the exam and carry on working (I am hoping for a 700-720) or should I go for it? Are the GMATClub 700+ questions too hard or are they representative of what I will get on the day?

Any advice on how to structure my study from now till the exam date (assuming I do not reschedule).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alex
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1079

Kudos [?]: 4844 [1] , given: 163

Re: Exam is on the 20th of Feb... [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 23:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
alexpavlos wrote:
Hello,

I need some advice on how to proceed or if I should postpone my exam. My exam is scheduled for the 20th of this month but I am still scoring just above 70% in the quant section. My verbal has always been at around 90%.

The reason I am confused is on the gmatfocus exams it says i will score between 45-50 and on I can do all the OG13 questions (and quant review) without any issue. On my last GMATprep I got a 710 with a 41 verbal and a 46 quant. However, I am very nervous as I still have loads of trouble doing the 700+ questions on the gmatclub forums and also struggle with a good bunch of the Manhattan GMAT advanced quant guide book questions. Although I mostly know the concepts and the solutions make instantly sense to me, I mostly "overlook" one of the cases and will end up picking a B instead of a D in the DS questions for example.

Should I postpone the exam and carry on working (I am hoping for a 700-720) or should I go for it? Are the GMATClub 700+ questions too hard or are they representative of what I will get on the day?

Any advice on how to structure my study from now till the exam date (assuming I do not reschedule).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alex

Assuming you are going to apply in Oct, you have lots of time. Take the test when you are confident that you will get your target score. If you are not very confident, delaying the exam a little is not inadvisable provided you are certain that you will keep working to improve your score. But do not keep delaying the test indefinitely because if after two months, you end up feeling burned out, it will affect your performance. If not now, then later you will have to put your foot down and take the test.

In my opinion, GMAT Club 700+ questions are harder than what you will see in the actual test.

"I still have loads of trouble doing the 700+ questions on the gmatclub forums"

For a 720, you should be fine with at least half the 700+ questions on the forum.

"I mostly "overlook" one of the cases and will end up picking a B instead of a D in the DS questions for example."

You need to practice to get into the habit of analyzing both statements thoroughly. It does take more time and hence practice is important to make the strategy intuitive and to increase your speed. Also, try to steal away time from PS questions and use it for DS questions.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Exam is on the 20th of Feb...   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2013, 23:29