Joined: 04 Jan 2008
, given: 0
Executive MBA | Pl evaluate my profile [#permalink]
22 Jan 2008, 22:10
Profile: Male, Indian
Based in: Boston
Bachelor of Engineering, Mumbai University, India
Grade - Avg of 63% ( 8 semesters/4 years) - Not sure the GPA that translates to
Current title: Director Technology
Acheivements in summary
- 12.5 years of experience in Business and Technology services industry
- Over the last 4 years have been a Delivery Manager for 100+ teams. At present I am the Directory of Technology for the company's Enterprise Applications.
- Extensive participation in proposal creation, client presentations, account building, and budget management.
- Experience in Financial services areas such as auto insurance, long term care insurance, and in Telecommunication areas of Ordering, Provisioning, and Maintenance-Repair.
- Active interest in motivating individuals, mentoring teams, and continuously learning from people across titles and cultures.
- Overall 12 years of industry experience of which 7 years has been in leading and in managing globally distributed teams.
- Have worked in US, UK and Germany
My goal in doing a MBA program is to first develop into a successful CIO and then move into overall company operations. In the past 12 years I have gained expertise in designing and building complex systems, delivering projects on time and with quality, building well skilled and motivated teams and working with tough clients. I have also been exposed to sales cycles, contract negotiations and strategy work. A MBA program will help me develop business skills which are crucial to be a strong leader in any organization. The specific skills that I am seeking to experience from the MBA program are accounting, leadership, strategy, sales, negotiation, and decision making.
I am considerng Executive MBA programs; specifically Chicago GSB ,Ann Arbor or Kellogg programs. I am in the process of preparing for GMAT. My next favorite list of programs, NYU, Columbia, USC and UCLA requires GMAT. After evaluating my profile, can you please provide your opinion on what my chances are in the mentioned colleges? What would a good GMAT score be for these programs? Am i correct in going for Executive programs or should i be looking at Part-time programs as well?