Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
You should just give them a call. I called this past Friday, the strategy department, and they told me they aren't finished yet. They said they made some calls to some applicants but they still have spots open. I asked if I was rejected yet and all they could tell me is that they weren't at the point of rejecting applicants yet.
I called the phone number on the website which gave another number b/c that lady is on indefinite leave. The person it leads to then gave me the number who was in charge of the information for the Strategy department. It took me 3 calls but altogether only took 5 minutes. They were really nice and didn't mind me calling at all.
I haven't heard back from one place, but I've already accepted an offer.
It definitely is possible to receive good news this late, because schools have to wait for their admits to make decisions before calling backups. Schools should all be willing to answer your queries quickly at this point, because I have to think that every school has rejected most of their applicants by now. Otherwise, there would be total chaos, and their phones would be ringing off the hook.
Finally got my response and am now 0 for 7. I guess I'll have to start looking at next year. I really did not expect this as I thought I had a reasonable profile that would at least get me into one strong program. Oh well - I'll just know more for next time.
Yep, my one remaining has yet to contact me. Very strange indeed. Maybe my app was accidentally deleted by the dept. I'm tempted to call, but I'm more curious as to when they'll finally contact me. I'll guess Wednesday this week just to make a guess.
You can get in after April 15th! I got a call from Colorado - Boulder today offering admission, I accepted. Strangely I emailed the department early April and they said they could not offer me admission due to financial constraints. Sounded like a reject to me, but now I am in! I still haven't heard from two schools, but they were further down the list than CU. Oh well!