Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fall 2007 OB/Management applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Fall 2007 OB/Management applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2006, 20:49
Hi All !
Just wanted to touch base with all Fall OB/Mgmt 2007 applicants.

Have already sent all the 31 Dec. applications. Working on others - lets keep in touch so that we know about interview status etc.

all the very best !

Last edited by john765 on 05 Apr 2007, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 05:27
also applying to OB PhD.

profile:
international, 36 y/o
B.Sc. math, MA musicology (both magna cum laude) from a top school in my country.
some research experience, 3 years university teaching experience.
6 years work experience in the software development industry - 4 as a manager.
gmat 780
a rather focused and clear research interest.

applying to harvard, wharton, northwestern, mit, tepper.

as far as i know these schools don't interview phd applicants... am i missing something?

anyway.... i'd be happy to share view and discuss... it'll help with long wait for answers.

good luck to all...
Intern
Intern

Hi Hobbit ! [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 08:28
Hi !
Thanks for your reply. Many of the top schools you are applying had a deadline of 15 December , didn't they ? So you can expect some feedback in early Jan. Don't they all interview ? Atleast telephonically ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 11:17
harvard and wharton had dec15 deadline. i hope to hear as soon as possible.......

kellogg is 12/31 mit is a week later. tepper feb1.
none claims on their site or application they interview - so i guess there won't be any interview... i'd be happy to be interviewed - i think that my strengths can be best presented in an interview rather than in plain CV/SOP/application form/LOR. but then again... every school has its own system.

which school hold interviews for PhD?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 17:50
Read the waiting story for Fall 06 applicants. http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ew&start=0

There are mentioned of interviews for HBS, Mccombs - just to name two schools.

I guess most, if not all, schools have interviews - not for every applicant but only for those whom they are considering to admit. This is expected given the resources that the schools are investing in each admitted phd student. From what I understand, the interviews are conducted by the profs themselves. Hence they cannot interview all applicants, unlike for the MBA program (where the i/v are conducted by ad comm, alumni, and even current students).

If you get an interview, it is a positive sign.

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 13:26
I also apply to OB program as well. I already introduced myself in Fall 07 applicant, but I guess I just gonna repeat my info again.
My gmat score is 730 and I graduated summa cum laude from U.S. university. I guess my SOP is ok. :-D still have 2 more schools to apply...

Anyway, I am really curious now when universities begin to contact for interview. I search through business week forum but it is pretty hard to keep track who applied to OB and when they got interview.

Last edited by gmat_06 on 03 Feb 2007, 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 13:54
I guess that they will begin to review applications in a couple of weeks and send out inviations for interview in the sequent weeks. From the previous experience, Haas, PSU, Stanford, Austin like to make early decisions. Stanford will not have any interview but the admit day.
Intern
Intern

Wait ..... [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 02:38
I checked the BW forum 2005 postings - most of the action that year seems to have happened in the second half of February. And there are those brave souls who had to wait till April - but got their dream programs.
I am alreday getting jitters thinking about the long wait. I hope that this forum will help in getting info on all latest happenings.
J
Intern
Intern

2006 story [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 02:43
Forgot to mention that the story on this forum in 2006 indicates that the early action started @ 20 Jan - I think these were schools like Haas , Smeal , Tepper , McCombs that probably had 15 December deadline. Going by that experience - I think we should hear some development any time now. Wow !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 10:02
i can't wait....... i want to hear something from schools... anything...
i spend my time imagining my applications being read and evaluated... i wonder who reads them, what do they think? do they appreciate what i wanted them to appreciate about me? do they find holes in my SOP? do they have questions which i hadn't addressed well enough?

can't wait anymore....
  [#permalink] 20 Jan 2007, 10:02