Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2008, 16:10
Hi Folks,

I took a shot to get feedback at MiF/LBS by sending my CV to Admissions office. Did any one had a similar experience, would be happy to know about it. My profile:
Work-ex: 9+ years (5 being international, US and HK)
Industry: IT- but working very closely with traders, structurers, risk mgr in structured products. Strong knowledge on pricing/valuation, trading, wealth mgt.
Academics: MBA and MS in Fin (from India), currently Level 3 CFA, just wrote in june.

Got the following response from Peter:

"Hi,
This is always very hard to judge for people from a predominantly IT background.

On the basis of your CV I assess that you meet our minimum entry requirements, however I believe our Admissions Committee may have some concerns about whether you possess the range and depth of finance experience required to fully benefit from, and contribute to, the programme. Clearly, much will depend on how you present your case in your personal statement (essay question).

We have certainly admitted people with backgrounds similar to yours – the key test for us is precisely how much finance exposure you have had and what you will contribute to classroom discussion if accepted. The course is also a better fit for people who wish to use the programme to advance their career in IT by expanding their finance knowledge than for people who are trying to effect a significant career change from IT into investment banking (for example).

If you believe that you have the necessary experience, you are welcome to submit an application, making your case in the personal statement why you think this is the appropriate programme for you and why 2009 entry is the right time to apply.

If you have any questions at any stage, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards"

Can some one shed some light on a possibility of career move post MiF?

Cheers,
N
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 23:13
I'm seeking for this information
Manager
Manager

Re: Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 23:17
thank for posting !!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 23:17
thank for posting !!!
Re: Feedback from Admissions office-MiF@LBS   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 23:17