Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 12:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feel disgusted about the GMAT..Need help like real badlyyy.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Feel disgusted about the GMAT..Need help like real badlyyy. [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 09:58
Hi All,

I have given the GMAT four times and I am feeling ridiculous that I haven’t gotten more than 600 yet.
My scores
1st time- Q-44, V-27-total-590-(July 2011)
2nd time-Q-42, V-24-Total-560 (Feb 2012)
3rd time-Q-44, V-28-total 600 (Nov 2012)
4th time-Q-44, V-23, Total 560 (March 2013)

The sad part is I know I have been a naturally very good student at Math and my English skills are also very good. Especially, when it comes to Grammar and spoken English. I am not able to understand where I am going wrong. Another sad part is that this exam makes me feel that I can excel at it because I feel I am good enough but that never happens. For example in verbal, the first time I gave the GMAT i.e. in July 2011, I was hardly prepared. I went on my instincts and scored a 27 and the next three times time I gave the exam, I put in a lot of efforts to know the concepts and understand them but what was heart breaking was I scored 23/28 when I was put in efforts whereas I scored the same if not more when I was hardly prepared.

I am not sure what to do here. I still feel a 600 is not what I am worth. I still feel I can crack this exam but slowly somewhere down in me, I am feeling disgusted about this exam. I am a very ambitious person and always had this dream of doing my MBA from a top notch business school. That’s the sole reason why I chose to work in the service sector after my graduation in the commerce field. And believe me it is a struggle as some of you must know working for a low pay after doing a Bachelor in Commerce degree. But I chose to fight it out and did very well professionally.

I am in a huge spot here. Time is running by and I am not sure what to do about this big pain in my Life Called the “GMAT”. I don’t feel like giving up but I am so put down by the previous attempts that I feel very weird picking up those books again. If I do start again, I have no clue what will help me to ace the test and if I don’t start preparing again, I have a feeling a dream inside me is going to die. The very thought of that dream dying is making me do nuts. So I can safely say, I am in the biggest dilemma of my life and I need to get out of this ASAP if I need to be happy again. To add to this, everyone around me who used to believe that I will do an MBA from an exceptional college are slowly losing faith or may be have already lost faith. So I am like MANNNN what do I do.

Guys please let me know as to what wrong is happening to me. And sorry if this got too heavy but this is the truth.

And if any of you have a similar story and found a way out of it, I would love to know the remedy

Regards,
Still a GMAT aspirant
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Feel disgusted about the GMAT..Need help like real badlyyy. [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 10:23
This is hard test! I took the test twice and I did not cross the 600 marks. I spent huge amount of energy and time during the preparation for each attempt. Can you please elaborate on your study materials and how you prepared? Also, if you don't mind, can you post your mock test scores? Thanks.
Re: Feel disgusted about the GMAT..Need help like real badlyyy.   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2013, 10:23