Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 12:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feeling bad but will bounce back stronger !!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Feeling bad but will bounce back stronger !! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 19:23
I was studying hard with a good study plan ( at least I thought so ) and I was feeling prepared for the gmat !! On test day I slept well but was honestly feeling nervous !! The exam started and once it did I do not know what happened to me I just could not understand or see anything !!

I was scoring pretty well on GmatPrep and MGMAT with an average of 710 !! But on test day I received a shocking 590 !!!

Besides being stressed and anxious i felt that the verbal section was different than the available material especially SC, in which i noticed that the answer choices were completely different ( usually answer choices have one or two splits ) and that required much more time to read. I also noticed that on the real gmat the SC were more focused on meaning rather than the grammatical rules mentioned in OG and Manhattan SC !!!

Anyways my advice would be that do not get too stressed and i think the best mentality for the GMAT is to go to the exam saying " so what if it doesn't happen today it will happen next time !!" do not put urself under too much pressure like i did because that could just destroy your focus on the real thing !!! Now i am just going to take my Christmas break and will go back and start again !!! I will beat it next time ;)

Please if you have resources with focus on meaning rather than just grammar i will be thankful ? i heard that e-gmat is good what do you guys think ?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: Feeling bad but will bounce back stronger !! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 08:38
Expert's post
Great attitude and completely agree that you will bounce back stronger! Many GMAT prep courses offer free trials, so I would signed up for several, spend a couple hours testing each one out and deciding which one will work best for you.

The great thing about your strategy is that you already know where your weakness lies, so you'll be able to concentrate on that and improving your SC skills.

Regards,

Elizabeth

http://econgm.at/GMATCLUB14
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: Feeling bad but will bounce back stronger !!   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2013, 08:38