Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feeling burnout..1 Week left .. Any advice ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Feeling burnout..1 Week left .. Any advice ? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 06:51
Hi all,

I'm very much disappointed with my performance in one of the Manhattan CATs today. I did score a 670 , but it was well below my expectation of 700+ . I have my test in exactly 1 week from now and im feeling burned out. Even today , while doing the CAT, by the middle of verbal section, my brain was just not able to think anymore and i was completly blinded by RC's and CR's. Was lucky enough to score a 670 anyway.

I think im feeling the burnout here. I do not want to take off for couple of days as it would seriously hurt the momentum. With the real test just a week away, what do you suggest that i should do inorder to keep up the preparation momentum and simlutaneously not to burn out myself ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 08:48
Take a break...don't do anything for today. Go out, watch a movie, go for a run anything but GMAT prep. I'm in the same boat...Did a couple of challenges and then took a GMAT Prep test today and by the end of the quant section I was struggling...Just focus on your problem areas and go over hard Qs, Idioms etc. G'luck!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 15:05
I've also got less than a week to go (test next Saturday), and I did much worse today on my last GMAT Prep. I've taken a practice test every weekend - 4 in all now - and each week I scored better than the week before, until today - my score dropped 30 points from last week! I feel like my head is so crammed full of formulas that I can't extract what I need when I need it. I look at complex problems and don't have a clue - until I see the answer, then think - of course! I'm also afraid to stop studying. I'm afraid I'll forget what I've learned if I don't look at it every day. Maybe all this is a sign of burnout and I really do need to take a couple days off? It's hard to relax.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 18:14
Coming from a guy who just took his test a week ago and feeling EXACTLY the same as all three of you, you NEED to take some time off CATs. i didn't believe all the people who told me to do so 1 week before my test (my last GMATPrep2 score was pretty disappointing, and my confidence was crushed), but I followed their advice anyway. Just the thought of never having to do another practice CAT lifted my spirits!

You won't lose momentum if you do just practice problems (timed if you can) from now on, and keep away from doing questions the day before (go watch a movie, hang out with friends, etc...). You'll find that your hit rate on the practice problems will be good, you'll feel good about yourself, and that positive attitude will get you a good score.

Trust me, if you're getting the same "clouded brain" problem in the middle of a practice CAT, you and I experienced the same thing, and for me, stopping all my practice CATs, avoiding things like GMATClub Challenges, and relaxing helped clear my brain up and have all the formulas and rules settle in.

Good luck to all three of you, I will hear your great scores next week!
  [#permalink] 12 Aug 2007, 18:14