Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 08:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feeling Dejected (5 days to go for real thing)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Feeling Dejected (5 days to go for real thing) [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 03:29
Just took ma first MGMAT CAT. Scored horribly.
Quant-44
Verbal-31

Total 590.

What a pity for a guy targetting 700+ and scoring so poorly.
I think there is enough scope for improvent but i have just 5 days left.
Completely in shatters now and hoping some miracle to happen on d-day.
I have done my best to finish everything since last month wen i started my prep and i guess there is nothing that i can do to improve my score.

Any last minute suggestions from u guys that can help me score somewhere in that range will really give me a pump.

Just trying my luck @ cost of 40K INR. I better have my appointment postponed but i wanna take it this time just for the experience.
Please pray for me.... :shock:
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 07:36
Dont put too much pressure on yourself. At the end, what matter are the GMATPreps and the PowerPreps.

Time and again, I see people here complain that the MGMAT quants are way too difficult (but nevertheless good to practice). It may have nothing to do with what you may or may not get in the real exam. With 5 days to go, negative thoughts are the last thing u could ask for.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Feeling Dejected (5 days to go for real thing) [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 07:47
gkslko101 wrote:
Quant-44
Verbal-31

Total 590.

I have done my best to finish everything since last month wen i started my prep and i guess there is nothing that i can do to improve my score.

Any last minute suggestions from u guys that can help me score somewhere in that range will really give me a pump.

Just trying my luck @ cost of 40K INR. I better have my appointment postponed but i wanna take it this time just for the experience.

mgmat cats are a bit tough. what did you get on powerprep and gmatprep?

base your score range on those, not third party cats
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Feeling Dejected (5 days to go for real thing) [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 09:11
gkslko101 wrote:
Quant-44
Verbal-31

Total 590.

Hi there!

I totally agree with people over here that you are putting too much pressure on yourself! Stay calm...........rely on Pearson Vue & Powerprep scores

Keep us updated about the developments

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 11:30
I am in very similar situation, I scored 630 and 650 on 2 mgmtcat and yesterday scored 510!!!!!
I mean this all in one week, I know yesterdays test was probably not the best one I had but still it was not as bad as 510, mgmt I think is screwed up in consitancy, if you miss too many questions your score seem to be going down and the math is down right brutal, I get to 24-28 questions at best still score 45 !
  [#permalink] 11 Aug 2007, 11:30