Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Few random questions [#permalink]
To be included in the resume book usually you are required to use the schools format. Just follow their layout.

Helg is right for the most part fulltime hiring was greater than internships. I guess overtime companies have started increasing their internships and reducing the number of non-intern fulltime hires. The wildcard this year is the delayed starts for lots of people. It could negatively impact class of 2010.

International offices often send folks to a city in the US and then fly people there. I have friends who went to the big 3 in international locations and flew to places like NYC or San Fran depending where in the world they were heading.

You can recruit for whatever you want. You can try to recruit for as many thing as you want but you dont want to do it half heartedly. Definitely know what your primary goal is and go hard after it.

Business cards are a waste in my opinion. Usually the only people excited to get them are applicants. Recruiters dont care, they have sign in sheets at events with all your information. I know when I recruited at my last job business cards got tossed in the trash immediately. Most people I know say afterwards its a waste of $30 or whatever it costs and now they have hundreds of cards that will never get used.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q45  V38
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Business cards are a waste in my opinion. Usually the only people excited to get them are applicants. Recruiters dont care, they have sign in sheets at events with all your information. I know when I recruited at my last job business cards got tossed in the trash immediately. Most people I know say afterwards its a waste of $30 or whatever it costs and now they have hundreds of cards that will never get used.

The only time I can think when a business card would come in handy is in the case of a casual alumni gathering or something of the sort where you meet someone intersting and want to keep in touch, maybe not just for recruiting purposes. Plus it's always awkward when someone asks for your card and you don't have one.
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:

Those bastards! You could have told me this before I ordered them!

RF
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
refurb wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Those bastards! You could have told me this before I ordered them!

RF

As domtri33 quite rightly pointed out, it feels awful when you are asked for a b-card and you have none
Current Student
Send PM
helg wrote:
As domtri33 quite rightly pointed out, it feels awful when you are asked for a b-card and you have none

This is true. I'm sure they'll get about as much use as the business cards I had at work.

250 cards and maybe gave out 5!

Actually, they are kinda useful outside of recruiting. Like others have said, you often meet a lot of interesting people in your time at b-school and it's an easy way to exchange info!

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
I see business cards are popular ;-) Thanks for all replies and advice!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
I've gotten business cards while visiting schools, during student led tours and lunches. I thought that it was a nice touch and would be useful for people who aren't on this forum or already have friends at the school to have someone to ask future questions to.
GMAT Club Bot