Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Filling out the application form

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Filling out the application form [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2004, 08:23
Most schools have sections in their application that ask for information about employment history. Some schools also specify that applicants can use additional sheets to complete this information. I have observed that the space provided to describe the company description and job responsibilities is quite limited.

(1) Should I create seperate resume type of one page sheet (if resume is not required as part of the application) and ask the admission committe to refer to that sheet for the information they asked in the aplication form

(2) If the above option is workable, in how many words should I tried to convey this information for one employer? I have two employers both in totally different industries.

Thanks as always for your insight.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2004, 00:11
NYu stern asked me for a work history format ,i managed to it in landscape orientaion of the page.it was very brief and came out pretty well
do u want to see it?

mail me at ashwini_s17@yahoo.com

ash
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Filling out the application form [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2004, 13:38
gmatblast wrote:
Most schools have sections in their application that ask for information about employment history. Some schools also specify that applicants can use additional sheets to complete this information. I have observed that the space provided to describe the company description and job responsibilities is quite limited.

(1) Should I create seperate resume type of one page sheet (if resume is not required as part of the application) and ask the admission committe to refer to that sheet for the information they asked in the aplication form

(2) If the above option is workable, in how many words should I tried to convey this information for one employer? I have two employers both in totally different industries.

Thanks as always for your insight.

Most schools will ask you for a one-page resume--for those that don't, try to keep the work history brief & straightforward. You don't want to give them too much material to wade through (they have enough to read as it is!), so stick as close to resume format as possible!

If you're really not sure what they're looking for, a quick phone call to the admissions office would be a very good idea--the people there should be glad to answer your questions about their specific requirements.

Best of luck with the process,
Sonia

--
Sonia Michaels
smichaels@accepted.com
Accepted.com ~ helping you write your best!
http://www.accepted.com