Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 04:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Final Round of Intake Discourage International Applicants?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 66

Final Round of Intake Discourage International Applicants? [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:24
After my successful GMAT re-take, I called my friend to share the good news with her. Then she asked me - so what do you plan to do till Fall 2012? I told her "No no no... I'm applying for this fall!" She told me "Sorry dude, but I think the deadlines for international candidates are over! You might wanna call the admission office and confirm it yourself!"

:o
D'oh!

So I'm gonna call the admission office and confirm the fact. However, if anyone can shed any light on this, please do so!

Jennifer Bloom from accepted.com has already said that the last round of intake is not the best time for international applicants!

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

Re: Final Round of Intake Discourage International Applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 05:01
The final round issue is about getting a student visa in time before classes start. Depending on which country you are applying to it can take a few months and during summer, some, if not most, officers are on vacation, so the delay gets longer.
Re: Final Round of Intake Discourage International Applicants?   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2011, 05:01