Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Finally - 760 (99%) (Q-51 :99% V- 41:93%) : Long Post

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2005, 15:08
I was in process of cleaning up my comp and found some weblinks that might be useful. I am attaching the zip file here.

Attachments

File comment: WebLinks
Test.zip [5.42 KiB]
Downloaded 205 times

To download please login or register as a user

Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2005, 17:44
banerjee

for the likes of it...please dont apply to HBS, Columbia, Wharton...the last thing I want is to compete for that one last seat with you...you will add too much to the competion :)

good luck mate!
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2005, 18:15
fresinha12 wrote:
banerjee

for the likes of it...please dont apply to HBS, Columbia, Wharton...the last thing I want is to compete for that one last seat with you...you will add too much to the competion :)

good luck mate!

:-D ....actually I was wondering abt u the other day. Did u take the GMAT on the 11th ? Where all r u planning to app ? Good luck !
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2005, 14:19
well i am giving it on the 28th....had a last minute meeting which I had to attend...hate it when I have to postpone the exam...but I am taking off from work the week before 28th and throwing away my blackberry...so hopefully no more interruptions....I hope :)

I am definetly applying first round for HBS, Columbia GSB, wharton, INSEAD and NYU....

banerjee...apply first round to anyschool you are interested in, my cousin who had a very low score on gmat, low GPA got into Kellog, he applied the first round...he tells me thats what made the difference...

good luck....

oh if you are applying to stanford/hbs then it doesnt matter, they are very selective anyway....i must admit, I am not happy with HBS and Stanford alums...extremely subpar mediocore grads....I had to ask one of our advisors not to send these guys to me again....very generalist programs at HBS, not at all tailored for specializations..but hey, you got to realize these hbs grads were on a team advising us on a major merger..so i guess contacts got em in...thats all I hope to get out of HBS!

banerjeea_98 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
banerjee

good luck mate!

:-D ....actually I was wondering abt u the other day. Did u take the GMAT on the 11th ? Where all r u planning to app ? Good luck !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2005, 03:51
fresinha12 wrote:

I am definetly applying first round for HBS, Columbia GSB, wharton, INSEAD and NYU....

oh if you are applying to stanford/hbs then it doesnt matter, they are very selective anyway....i must admit, I am not happy with HBS and Stanford alums...extremely subpar mediocore grads....I had to ask one of our advisors not to send these guys to me again....very generalist programs at HBS, not at all tailored for specializations..but hey, you got to realize these hbs grads were on a team advising us on a major merger..so i guess contacts got em in...thats all I hope to get out of HBS!

No intention of hijacking Ban's thread but you got me curious on why you are considering HBS in spite of the perceived weaknesses in their program?

Good luck with the GMAT!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Congratulations! [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2005, 03:54
banerjeea_98 wrote:
Mave,

Good to see u back in the forum and thx for the wishes. I still haven't finalized my school list. Seems to me this app process going to be much more difficult than GMAT :roll:

When r u apping ? R u planning a GMAT retake ?

Good luck

Yes, I too have realized that the app process is going to be gruelling. I've decided on a re-take, but haven't finalized the dates as yet. Shall be doing that in a week's time.

Good luck with your apps!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2005, 10:48
hmm I thought I indicated that ....despite the fact that these HBS grads are not that outstanding, they got into projects/companies that are high profile..i.e. HBS gets you contacts, network of people.... for me thats the only reason....

to give you an example, I work in a corp.strategy group, most of my work has to do with my company's M&A activity...ie. which company to accquire, when, how etc...or how to position my company to be acquired...most of these HBS grads come to work with us as an outside advisor from IBs and consulting comanies like McKny etc...

so far I have seen better grads from columbia, and wharton...much sharper guys...they are savvy and know what they are talking about...then you get these HBS guys..who pretty much put together the powerpoint slides...even those slides are shitty sometimes...

Wharton and Columbia tends to have very focused, specialized grads...I actually really appreciate their insights...HBS guys in short are deal makers...while this is a strength..but if you are looking to get into finance then go to wharton, columbia...if you want to be in general mgmt...then probably add on HBS...

maaverick wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:

No intention of hijacking Ban's thread but you got me curious on why you are considering HBS in spite of the perceived weaknesses in their program?

Good luck with the GMAT!
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2005, 10:41
Someone asked me the following ques via PM. Posting it here for everyone's use.

I have 2 full CAT tests and i need at least 3 more full length tests to practice and build my stamina.
Do you know where i can get or buy full length tests?
I don't want to use the PP software as i can recall the answers to most of the questions. also, the paper test doesn't set me in the mood for the aactual test since it is manually timed.
Thanks for your help.

Well it depends whether u have already exhausted KAP, Princeton etc. However, u can try UpStartRaising. There Math is good but verbal is not.

http://upstartraising.com/gmat/index.html

I will still highly recommend using the paper tests. Altho they are skewed in that all of them have RCs from OG, but 6 out of 9 tests have all new SC and CR questions. How to find out which one has new questions ? Check the first ques in CR and/or SC, if it is not from OG then the whole test is new, except RCs offcourse. As usual I will always recommend "official" material over any other.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2005, 11:11
Another ques thro PM:

Is it wise to concentrate on OG (the actual scope of the exam) maybe two weeks to ones exam? I plan to redo everything in OG when i have about 2 weeks left - That way, i can zero in on the actual scope of the exam, rather than study excess junk. What do you think?

I just did a PP test this morning and scored 710. I'm right now very furious with myself because i am so error prone. I finished the OG about 3 months ago, and though i could recall some of the questions, i strived to solve everything (verbal, no different). Any advice for error prone people like moi? (I fail approx. 80% of my questions due to very simple errors, as bad as 2 X 2 = 2!!!)

First Ques: Ans is Yes, if u don't remember OG ques. If not then continue to challenge urself with new types of "official" GMAT ques e.g. LSAT resources etc in verbal. However, do atleast review/practice OG SCs in last 2 weeks.

Second Ques: Remain attentive throughout ur test. See if this ans ur ques:

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17656
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2005, 18:43
Hey Ban,
I took your advice and bought the MGMAT Prep guide for SC's. I must say its nicely "dummied" down. I'd like to leverage this to the fullest extent. Having said that, in your opinion, do you think its prudent to "rush off" and do the OG questions after every MGMAT chapter where they prescribe the "type of questions" based on chapter reading.
Or would you recommend doing each chapter along with the MGMAT prep questions and save the OG after reaching the end of the MGMAT book[I've already used OG before but havent touched it in a year].
Any gotchas/pointers you might have on how to use this material effectively would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
gmataquaguy
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2005, 20:52
gmataquaguy wrote:
Hey Ban,
I took your advice and bought the MGMAT Prep guide for SC's. I must say its nicely "dummied" down. I'd like to leverage this to the fullest extent. Having said that, in your opinion, do you think its prudent to "rush off" and do the OG questions after every MGMAT chapter where they prescribe the "type of questions" based on chapter reading.
Or would you recommend doing each chapter along with the MGMAT prep questions and save the OG after reaching the end of the MGMAT book[I've already used OG before but havent touched it in a year].
Any gotchas/pointers you might have on how to use this material effectively would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
gmataquaguy

I wud suggest u follow the book as is and do the OG questions by category first. Once u r done with the book start OG from the beginning and use the OG grid at the end of the book.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Great Score Banerjee.... [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2005, 22:48
hello i jus saw this thread today...first of congrats to Banerjee. :P

banerjeea_98 - I want to really improve my quant...as in i am scoring in 30's but want a 45+ ...how shud i go about it.. i still haven't gone thru the OG... started with Kaplan and PR 2004.....

I know Verbal is the tuffest thing in Gmat..but once I start gettin a 40+ in quant , I shall attack the Verbal.......My maths is bad...I am a commerce graduate.....at times i screw up the medium questions .. :(

I am not shooting for a 700 , but I am desperate to get something between 600-650 :oops: ..... so keeping that range in mind wat kinda preparation do you suggest..

thanks
best regards,
Jinesh
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Great Score Banerjee.... [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2005, 07:25
jinesh wrote:
hello i jus saw this thread today...first of congrats to Banerjee. :P

banerjeea_98 - I want to really improve my quant...as in i am scoring in 30's but want a 45+ ...how shud i go about it.. i still haven't gone thru the OG... started with Kaplan and PR 2004.....

I know Verbal is the tuffest thing in Gmat..but once I start gettin a 40+ in quant , I shall attack the Verbal.......My maths is bad...I am a commerce graduate.....at times i screw up the medium questions .. :(

I am not shooting for a 700 , but I am desperate to get something between 600-650 :oops: ..... so keeping that range in mind wat kinda preparation do you suggest..

thanks
best regards,
Jinesh

As u mite already know that Math is easier to improve than verbal. I wud suggest u first solidify ur basics with KAP Math workbook or PR Math Workbook. Once u r done with that jump into PR and KAP Math sections and start doing the KAP problem sets that are included in the CD. However, all this time be regular in GMAT Math forum and actively participate. You shud be able to get done with this in 1 month time. After that start participating in the Challenges in the forum. They r gr8 and much tougher than the actual GMAT. U will learn lot of new tricks and above all u will learn to remain attentive in Math sections specially in DS where it is easier to fall into a trap. If u follow this u shud be good to go. Just remember that even if I am an engg, when I started my prep I didn't even remember LCM and HCF. So if u work hard and work smart u will get there. Also keep ur goals high and don't just set a goal for 650 from the beginnning.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2005, 21:21
Thanks a lot Banerjee....I will follow it and hope to improve my Maths...
will give my gmat by end of Oct....working Full time....

By the way there is a 300 hour game plan mentioned on this forum...Is it advisable to follow it....??

Regards Jinesh
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2005, 06:03
Hi guys ...I'm new to this forum.....Can you pl. guide me as what exactly is this OG and MGMAT.......the full form .

I understand while going through the posts that ,these are names of some prep books.....Can you pl. let me know the full form and from where can I get these ?I'm located in India currently .

Your help will highly be appreciated .

Thanks,
Saurabh
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2005, 09:33
mebit_comp wrote:
Hi guys ...I'm new to this forum.....Can you pl. guide me as what exactly is this OG and MGMAT.......the full form .

I understand while going through the posts that ,these are names of some prep books.....Can you pl. let me know the full form and from where can I get these ?I'm located in India currently .

Your help will highly be appreciated .

Thanks,
Saurabh

MGMAT SC = Manhattan GMAT SC guide (look at this thread from the start, I have posted the link to their website)

OG = Official guide of GMAT review (from ETS itself). Should be available from Amazon.com and mba.com.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Thanks alot Baneerjee ......I have read all the do's and ont's posted by you and it looks to be really useful .

I have just started my GMAT prep .Let's see how it goes .....A bit more tensed about Verbal part .Coz I have never ever achieved more than 30/41 till date .

If you guys have any tips besides what is posted there on the blog ,do share it with me .I will be highly obliged .

I have started my eng prep with ARCO+Princeton ....Can you advice If I'm going in right dir. or not ? Coz I do not have mgmat .And I do not want to go through ets at this point of time when I just have started .

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Take care
-Saurabh
Intern
Intern

Study hours / work hours [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2005, 00:22
Congratulations on your great Score ! I hope you get into the best school.

Can you tell us how much time you spent on studies (in terms of hours/ day) ? I know you mentioned 2 months focused effort is the best.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2005, 19:34
I know I'm late but I want to say congratulations! You did it baner! I always knew you could do it. :D And your post about the preparation provided some good advices to others. :b:

Good job and best wishes for your applications!

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2005, 06:20
HongHu wrote:
I know I'm late but I want to say congratulations! You did it baner! I always knew you could do it. :D And your post about the preparation provided some good advices to others. :b:

Good job and best wishes for your applications!

Thx for the wishes Honghu. Glad to find you here in the club again. Hope ur move has gone well and you will now be able to visit us more often. What r u planning to do next ? Apps for Fall 2006 ? Good luck
  [#permalink] 10 Aug 2005, 06:20